Social Media Manager & Distribution Strategist
StyleLikeU, New York, NY
StyleLikeU as an alternative to this disempowering status quo
StyleLikeU is seeking a Social Media Manager with strengths in video distribution and analytics to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a social media maven with strong organizational skills and experience with optimization, reporting and analysis, across multiple social networks including Facebook, Instagram & YouTube. We are looking for a candidate who is a strong project manager and is able to deliver in a fast-paced environment with past experience developing strategies to generate owned, paid and earned traffic.
This person will head StyleLikeU’s social media strategy to maximize the performance of our video content. You'll fit in if you love new challenges, feel comfortable taking risks, adapt quickly when things don't work, take ownership with confidence and manage your time effectively.
To be successful, the candidate must be passionate about making a difference in the world, emotionally minded, as well as highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated. A passion for SLU’s ethos and the movement for self-acceptance, diversity and inclusion within the fashion and beauty media landscape will make you a great candidate.
You should also understand that your own efforts can yield significant growth for the company and thus in your own position & salary.
The role reports to StyleLikeU founder’s, Lily Mandelbaum & Elisa Goodkind, who will oversee implementation of new social strategies.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic planning, creative development, trafficking, optimization, reporting and analysis of social media content.
- Develop strategies to generate owned and earned traffic with strong emphasis on Facebook and YouTube.
- Utilizing strategy and analytics to maximize views on YouTube/Facebook, optimizing content for discovery; running reports and monitoring analytics.
- Testing and evaluating new strategies, tactics, and partnership opportunities to grow StyleLikeU’s audience.
- Overseeing the re-edits of full-length videos for Instagram, FB another key outlets, experimenting with new trends in social video.
- Manage relationships with publishers and media vendors to maximize the performance of StyleLikeU’s content.
- Ensuring that all content is delivered per branding guidelines (caption style, watermarks, logos, etc).
- Supporting the implementation of strategies to increase Elisa and Lily’s personal presence and voice across all channels.
- Prior social media management experience required
- Prior analytics reporting and data analysis required
- Experience with content optimization, reporting and analysis
- Copy-editing experience required
- Ability to maintain and execute project timelines
- Proven experience delivering on tight project deadlines
- Experience with InDesign and Illustrator recommended
- A good eye to choose photos and layouts for StyleLikeU’s social media outlets
- Passion for and familiarity with StyleLikeU videos
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proficient in Mac OS
Want to learn more about StyleLikeU? Visit StyleLikeU's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.