- Implement policies and procedures lead by the Food Production Manager for the prep department.
- Communicate updates, projects and procedure changes with all prep lead and team members on a regular basis.
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean prep room.
- Follow all occupational and food safety guidelines.
- Mentor and guide all shift leads, developing their skills as leaders and adding support when needed.
- Update all appropriate department logs, including daily reporting to Department managers on cycle progress.
- Be the first line of quality control for food & packaging products coming into the prep room. Having a primary focus for quality on all perishable goods.
- Partner with the quality assurance team, correcting errors immediately and in a positive manner.
- Manage inventory levels in the prep rooms, ensuring that yield rations are being followed.
- Handle associate corrective action and development conversations along with Prep Manager.
- Handles employee disciplinary action paperwork as well as attendance issues.
- Manage proper rotation and storage. Make sure products are used on a FIFO basis and in the correct location
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience in warehousing, receiving, food manufacturing, or materials management in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Must be willing to work in a refrigerated environment, 10-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience in food handling, procurement and vendor management
- Knowledge of agriculture, produce, and/or raw materials
Typical Work Week:
- Wednesday through Sunday from 2:30pm-11:30pm
- Must be able to work in an open office environment but will require time in a refrigerated food production environment . The employee must be able to frequently operates a computer and other warehouse machinery, including but not limited to pallet jacks and forklifts
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; bends at the waist and neck frequently, raises items above the shoulders, repetitive hand usage, pushing and pulling items, twisting at the waist and neck, walking, grasping with light and firm force and reaching for items frequently.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and 100 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision. depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Position requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Innovator with Accountability: You thrive in a culture of experimentation and you use your creativity to hit your targets.
- Ready to Grow: As Sun Basket continues to grow, this team will likely expand, and your role with it.
- Passion for Food: Sun Basket brings healthy nutritious meals to thousands of people every week. Ideally, you like food and are excited to be a part of that.
About Sun Basket
About us Sun Basket is a healthy meal delivery service offering fresh, seasonal ingredients and easy recipes delivered to your door weekly. Choose your meals each week or opt into a menu plan, including Paleo, Gluten-Free and Vegetarian options. Sun Basket makes it easy to cook delicious meals, eat clean, and feel great. Sun Basket sources seasonal produce from the best West Coast farms and responsibly-raised, sustainable meats and seafood. Our packaging is 100% recyclable and you can even return the materials to us, free, so we can recycle and reuse them. Most recipes are ready to eat in 30 minutes or less, with pre-measured ingredients making it even easier to cook. Since we only send you what you need, there’s less waste and clutter from unused herbs, sauces and spices. Our lead chef was the executive chef at a James Beard award-winning restaurant, and she has a talent for combining the best seasonal produce with globally-inspired flavors to create nourishing meals that are balanced, healthy and delicious.
Want to learn more about Sun Basket? Visit Sun Basket's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Financial Systems
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Customer Success Manager
Decibel Insight, Boston
Director, Head of Global Operations Strategy and Project Management
Flexport, San Francisco, CA
VideoAmp, Chicago, IL
AKQA, San Francisco
Operational Account Manager - Taiwan & Hong Kong
Insider, Taipei, Taiwan