What you'll do:
- Prepare and prep food items according to weekly recipe specifications
- Prep and breakdown produce (possible light knife usage)
- Measure/weigh out ingredients
- Containerize all produce and ingredients
- Package prepped items into curated meal bags
- Assemble boxes
- Pack proteins into boxes
- Pack curated meal bags into boxes
- Print and label all meal containers, bags and boxes
- Facilitate receiving and shipping in and out of the warehouse
- Keep the facility clean, comfortable, and a great place to work
Who you are and why you're right for us:
- You are at least 18 years old
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- 1-2 years of experience in food prep, restaurant, warehouse, or busy retail environment preferred.
- You work hard and are a team player
- You like people, and people like you
- You're reliable. You show up when you're supposed to and people count on you.
- You're a self-starter with the ability to work independently as needed
- You're highly detail oriented and don't like things out of place
- You've got basic math skills
- You consider yourself a good communicator
- You can find your way around on a computer, and get brownie points for experience with ERP, Office, & Google Products
What types of shifts you may be working:
- Approximately 40 hours per week.
- Some overtime may be required.
- Day, swing shifts, and overnight shifts available.
- Weekend availability is required.
What else should you know:
- It's cold and we work in a refrigerated environment. You must be able to work in a cold environment for part of all of your shift. We keep our distribution center at -10-40 degrees constantly.
- You must be able to transport up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds on occasion.
- This job is physical. As a Team Member, you will be bending at the waist & neck, raising items above your shoulders, experience repetitive hand usage, pushing & pulling items, twisting at the waist and neck, walking, grasping with light & firm force, and reaching for items frequently.
- You're comfortable on your feet. You must be able to walk and/or stand for 8-10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation.
Why should you work with us?:
- We offer a competitive salary and we offer plenty of opportunity to grow and earn more.
- Quality health and wellness benefits, paid partially by the company. We offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for qualified employees.
- We help you save for retirement with our 401(k) + company match.
- You'll work hard, but we'll make sure you're rewarded for it through our company sponsored events and employee recognition programs.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Access to our weekly internal Farmer's Market, where you can take home free quality produce and pantry items.
About Sun Basket
About us Sun Basket is a healthy meal delivery service offering fresh, seasonal ingredients and easy recipes delivered to your door weekly. Choose your meals each week or opt into a menu plan, including Paleo, Gluten-Free and Vegetarian options. Sun Basket makes it easy to cook delicious meals, eat clean, and feel great. Sun Basket sources seasonal produce from the best West Coast farms and responsibly-raised, sustainable meats and seafood. Our packaging is 100% recyclable and you can even return the materials to us, free, so we can recycle and reuse them. Most recipes are ready to eat in 30 minutes or less, with pre-measured ingredients making it even easier to cook. Since we only send you what you need, there’s less waste and clutter from unused herbs, sauces and spices. Our lead chef was the executive chef at a James Beard award-winning restaurant, and she has a talent for combining the best seasonal produce with globally-inspired flavors to create nourishing meals that are balanced, healthy and delicious.
Want to learn more about Sun Basket? Visit Sun Basket's website.
391 Active Jobs
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.