What you will do:
- Daily cleaning and sanitizing of production area. This includes but is not limited to interior and exterior of the warehouse.
- Assist with conventional and organic cleaning on production lines in sanitation practices outlined by the company.
- Ensure compliance with production and industry standards (USFDA, NOP Organic) by maintaining the Sanitation Master schedule.
- Adhere Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) guidelines by following cleaning procedures using established SOP/SSOPs.
- Ability to follow established procedures for cleaning at all times and offer support and suggestions when necessary.
- Able to work responsibly and safe at all times. Report any hazardous conditions to a supervisor and or member of the Human Resources Department.
- Properly complete daily record keeping forms as part of task documentation.
- Follow all established procedures for proper machinery and equipment cleaning.
- Responsible for following and enforcing all Food Safety rules and regulations.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms as well as clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Follow procedures for the safely use of chemical cleaners and power equipment as per manufacturer specifications to prevent damage to floor and fixtures.
- Keep the facility clean, comfortable, and a great place to work.
- As needed, support other teams with preparing, packing, and auditing product.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Who you are and why you're right for us:
- Demonstrated experience with food handling, sanitation, warehouse operations or related field preferred
- Ability to read, understand and follow manuals, procedures and policies in English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, independently with minimal supervision or in a group environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated with a positive attitude and take ownership of job with a strong degree of professionalism and personal integrity
- Able to work responsibly in a way to minimize damage to company equipment or property
- Highly detail oriented and meticulous
- Must demonstrate Sun Basket, Inc.’s values
- Must be able to work in a refrigerated environment (10º- 40º) for 8 or more hours and in some instances, in a dark environment
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, long hours and weekends as needed
What types of shifts you may be working:
- Approximately 40 hours per week.
- Some overtime may be required.
- Weekend availability is required.
- 2 positions Thurs-Mon 6am-2:30pm
- 1 position Tue-Sat 4pm-12:30am+OT When needed
- 2 positions Thurs-Mon 4pm-12:30am +OT When needed
What else should you know:
- It's cold and we work in a refrigerated environment. You must be able to work in a cold environment for part of all of your shift. We keep our distribution center at -10-40 degrees constantly.
- You must be able to transport up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds on occasion.
- This job is physical. As a Team Member, you will be bending at the waist & neck, raising items above your shoulders, experience repetitive hand usage, pushing & pulling items, twisting at the waist and neck, walking, grasping with light & firm force, and reaching for items frequently.
- You're comfortable on your feet. You must be able to walk and/or stand for 8-10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation.
Why should you work with us?:
- We offer a competitive salary and we offer plenty of opportunity to grow and earn more.
- Quality health and wellness benefits, paid partially by the company. We offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for qualified employees.
- We help you save for retirement with our 401(k) + company match.
- You'll work hard, but we'll make sure you're rewarded for it through our company sponsored events and employee recognition programs.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Access to our weekly internal Farmer's Market, where you can take home free quality produce and pantry items.
About Sun Basket
About us Sun Basket is a healthy meal delivery service offering fresh, seasonal ingredients and easy recipes delivered to your door weekly. Choose your meals each week or opt into a menu plan, including Paleo, Gluten-Free and Vegetarian options. Sun Basket makes it easy to cook delicious meals, eat clean, and feel great. Sun Basket sources seasonal produce from the best West Coast farms and responsibly-raised, sustainable meats and seafood. Our packaging is 100% recyclable and you can even return the materials to us, free, so we can recycle and reuse them. Most recipes are ready to eat in 30 minutes or less, with pre-measured ingredients making it even easier to cook. Since we only send you what you need, there’s less waste and clutter from unused herbs, sauces and spices. Our lead chef was the executive chef at a James Beard award-winning restaurant, and she has a talent for combining the best seasonal produce with globally-inspired flavors to create nourishing meals that are balanced, healthy and delicious.
Want to learn more about Sun Basket? Visit Sun Basket's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.