What you'll do:
- Responsible for teaching and training all assigned team members in compliance with SOP’s, GMP’s and Food and Safety guidelines.
- Assist in providing hands-on training for automated pick and pack distribution, and food handling processes.
- Assist Production Supervisor with daily task such as, roster accuracy and completion of monthly training of assigned team.
- Assist Production Supervisor with inventory counts to ensure accuracy and efficiencies.
- Verify order accuracy, quantity deviations, and controls waste.
- Ensure all quality product is produced.
- Ensure that your assigned area is clean, neat, and organized.
- Uphold and maintain a safe work environment following OSHA standards. Report any hazardous conditions to department Production Supervisor/Manager immediately.
- Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Work with other Production Leads to ensure all work gets done and give leads support as needed.
- Works with Navision (ERP) to ensure all information is tracked and entered properly.
- Conduct assigned daily checklist, EOS and shift hand off.
Who you are and why you're right for us:
- 1+ years of supervisory experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment (preferably in the food or agricultural industry) leading a team of 20-40 employees.
- Ability to communicate duties, tasks, policies and procedures to the team members through training and informal meetings in English.
- Intermediate computer skills (i.e. Outlook and other Gmail tools)
- Must uphold and follow workplace safety, food safety, and production quality standards
- Ability to work in high stress/fast-paced environment with multiple changeover’s
- Must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts and overtime as required; even on short notice
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, in group settings, be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
What types of shifts you may be working:
- Approximately 40 hours per week.
- Some overtime may be required.
- Schedule: Thurs- Mon or Tue Sat 4pm-12:30am or Tue-Sat 6am-2:30pm
- Weekend availability is required.
What else should you know:
- It's cold and we work in a refrigerated environment. You must be able to work in a cold environment for part or all of your shift. We keep our distribution center at -10-40 degrees constantly.
- You must be able to transport up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds on occasion.
- This job is physical. As a Team Member, you will be bending at the waist & neck, raising items above your shoulders, experience repetitive hand usage, pushing & pulling items, twisting at the waist and neck, walking, grasping with light & firm force, and reaching for items frequently.
- You're comfortable on your feet. You must be able to walk and/or stand for 8-10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation.
Why you should work with us:
- We offer a competitive salary and we offer plenty of opportunity to grow and earn more.
- Quality health and wellness benefits, paid partially by the company. We offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for qualified employees.
- We help you save for retirement with our 401(k) + company match.
- You'll work hard, but we'll make sure you're rewarded for it through our company sponsored events and employee recognition programs.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Access to our weekly internal Farmer's Market, where you can take home free quality produce and pantry items.
About Sun Basket
About us Sun Basket is a healthy meal delivery service offering fresh, seasonal ingredients and easy recipes delivered to your door weekly. Choose your meals each week or opt into a menu plan, including Paleo, Gluten-Free and Vegetarian options. Sun Basket makes it easy to cook delicious meals, eat clean, and feel great. Sun Basket sources seasonal produce from the best West Coast farms and responsibly-raised, sustainable meats and seafood. Our packaging is 100% recyclable and you can even return the materials to us, free, so we can recycle and reuse them. Most recipes are ready to eat in 30 minutes or less, with pre-measured ingredients making it even easier to cook. Since we only send you what you need, there’s less waste and clutter from unused herbs, sauces and spices. Our lead chef was the executive chef at a James Beard award-winning restaurant, and she has a talent for combining the best seasonal produce with globally-inspired flavors to create nourishing meals that are balanced, healthy and delicious.
Want to learn more about Sun Basket? Visit Sun Basket's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies