- Develop protocols, policies, create easy to follow processes and streamline operation for the Prep department.
- Utilizing current data and/or reports to plan and improve production planning by exceeding business KPI metrics.
- Communicate updates, projects and procedure changes with all prep supervisors and leads on a regular basis.
- Manage, schedule and assign automation equipment to maximize efficiencies.
- Maintaining health and safety standards within area of responsibility to provide a positive, safe culture within facility to team members.
- Follow and enforce all occupational and food safety guidelines and GMP.
- Use interpersonal and communication skills to motivate the work force, relay growth opportunities, drive execution of policies and implement corrective measures if necessary to ensure productivity levels are met.
- Mentor and guide shift Supervisors and Leads, developing their skills as leaders and adding support when needed.
- Forecast employment needs and effectively communicate with HR/Recruiting teams.
- Collaborate with HR in the hiring and termination of personnel.
- Be the first line of quality control for food & packaging products coming into the prep room. Having a primary focus for quality on all perishable goods and maintain product integrity through processes of product temperature verification, refrigeration operation and cold chain maintenance.
- Partner with the quality assurance team, correcting errors immediately and in a positive manner.
- Institutes policies and procedures for identification of product damage and rodent/pest control in all food storage areas and temperatures.
- Manage inventory levels in the prep rooms, ensuring that yield rations are being followed.
- Manage proper rotation and storage. Make sure products are used on a FIFO basis. Ensure products are stored in the correct rooms. Ie: (1) tomatoes do NOT get stored in the vegetable room (too cold), (2) Wet product is not stored up high only to drip onto other products, and so forth.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Min 5 years of managerial leadership experience in a food production, manufacturing, or distribution environment
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationship across Operations, Quality Control and Human Resources.
- Experienced in building processes and policies on an operational level.
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Must be willing to work in a refrigerated environment, 10-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience in food handling, procurement and vendor management
- Knowledge of agriculture, produce, and raw materials
- Encompass high standards both in production and employee performance.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; bends at the waist and neck frequently, raises items above the shoulders, repetitive hand usage, pushing and pulling items, twisting at the waist and neck, walking, grasping with light and firm force and reaching for items frequently. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and 100 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Position requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Must be able to work in an open office environment. The employee must be able to frequently operates a computer and other warehouse machinery, including but not limited to pallet jacks and forklifts
About Sun Basket
About us Sun Basket is a healthy meal delivery service offering fresh, seasonal ingredients and easy recipes delivered to your door weekly. Choose your meals each week or opt into a menu plan, including Paleo, Gluten-Free and Vegetarian options. Sun Basket makes it easy to cook delicious meals, eat clean, and feel great. Sun Basket sources seasonal produce from the best West Coast farms and responsibly-raised, sustainable meats and seafood. Our packaging is 100% recyclable and you can even return the materials to us, free, so we can recycle and reuse them. Most recipes are ready to eat in 30 minutes or less, with pre-measured ingredients making it even easier to cook. Since we only send you what you need, there’s less waste and clutter from unused herbs, sauces and spices. Our lead chef was the executive chef at a James Beard award-winning restaurant, and she has a talent for combining the best seasonal produce with globally-inspired flavors to create nourishing meals that are balanced, healthy and delicious.
Want to learn more about Sun Basket? Visit Sun Basket's website.
Jobs You May Like
Specialist, Master QC - Mumbai
Netflix, Mumbai, India
Mathematics Content Developer
Regional Executive Creative Director
Landor, Landor New York
Time Inc., Chicago, Illinois
3D Camera Artist - (Contract)
Rooster Teeth, Austin, TX
Copy & Research Editor
Time Inc., Meredith Corporation