Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
Does _surveymonkey_ speak to you? Then you’re probably just who we need to help us build interesting, scalable solutions (and create maintainable systems that stand the test of time). See your code go live right away — and have an impact today, tomorrow, and for years to come. More importantly, we’re a friendly bunch looking for a teammate, not a lone wolf. If you're looking to own an integral part of our system, let's chat!
SurveyMonkey is hiring engineers who have a passion for solving complex and interesting problems. As a Software Engineer on our newly formed Dublin team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the services and infrastructure that handles our global growth. You will also be working with other product teams to enable SurveyMonkey to add more features and functionalities for users all over the world.
In addition to that, you will also:
- Top-to-bottom ownership of new features, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extensible code, and keeping tabs on post-release metrics
- Troubleshoot programming problems independently and in peer groups
- Help grow SurveyMonkey in new markets (international) and devices (mobile)
- Experience in building scalable applications with high availability and performance
- Ability to work in agile environments with frequent deployments
- Solid experience using standard development tools, web services, and advanced scripting skills
- Able to write efficient SQL queries and design schemas for relational databases
- Extensive experience with Unix/Linux environment for troubleshooting, profiling and performance tuning.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate closely with peers, culture of code reviews and writing tech specs.
- Extensive knowledge of software design and architecture, data structures and algorithms
- Writing code that is unit-testable
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a dynamic environment.
- Be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic; willing to go the extra mile when it's crunch time.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, pension, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
An EU passport or work permit is required for this position.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
SurveyMonkey is the world's largest survey company, helping customers collect 2.8 million online survey responses every day. SurveyMonkey has revolutionized the way people give and take feedback, making it accessible, easy and affordable for everyone.
Want to learn more about SurveyMonkey? Visit SurveyMonkey's website.
Jobs You May Like
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Senior Front-End Developer
AKQA, San Francisco
Senior Consulting Engineer, North Central
MongoDB, Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Detroit, or Remote
Datto, Rochester, NY
Java Developer, SFOS
Nortal, Estonia, Tallinn
Team Leader Apps (H/F)
Vestiaire Collective, Paris