SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
Does __surveymonkey__ speak to you? Then you’re probably just who we need to help us build interesting, scalable solutions (and create maintainable systems that stand the test of time). See your code go live right away — and have an impact today, tomorrow, and for years to come. More importantly, we’re a friendly bunch looking for a teammate, to learn and grow with. If you're looking to own an integral part of our system, let's chat!
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer for the Tier1 team who has a real passion for solving complex and interesting problems. We help build and maintain the APIs that help grow our platform both internally and throughout our customer base, as well as provide strategic integrations and solutions to deliver value and get feedback where it’s needed most.
Some of the things you will do as a Staff Software Engineer at SurveyMonkey include:
- Architect, build, and maintain high traffic services across multiple data regions
- Write readable and extensible code, fully owning new features top-to-bottom including crafting technical specs and keeping tabs on post-release metrics
- Design fault-tolerant systems that can scale, and allow us to move quickly without impacting customer access
- Build observable systems that track important metrics and automatically notifies when something is off
- Investigate and address issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Participate in and help the team level up our code reviews
- Mentor and guide engineers on best practices
- 12+ years of experience in application development mainly focused on the backend (we use Python)
- Ability to work in agile environments with frequent deployments
- Able to write efficient SQL queries and design schemas for relational databases, such as SQL Server and MySQL
- Culture of code reviews, writing tech specs, and collaborating closely with others (not a solo hacker)
- Be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic; willing to go the extra mile when it's crunch time
- Ability to work cross-functionally and drive consensus across teams to delivery features on-time and with high quality
- Experience building high-traffic APIs
- Experience with modern security and access control practices
- Experience optimizing services, including but not limited to caching best practices (we use memcached)
- Experience with one or more of the following in production: notification platforms (Sparkpost, Firebase, and Twilio), message buses (Kafka), distributed data processing
- Linux (Ubuntu) configuration and administration, ideally in a cloud computing environment, like AWS
- Experience with multi-region architecture
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
SurveyMonkey is the world's largest survey company, helping customers collect 2.8 million online survey responses every day. SurveyMonkey has revolutionized the way people give and take feedback, making it accessible, easy and affordable for everyone.
Want to learn more about SurveyMonkey? Visit SurveyMonkey's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer