Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Web Platform Team
SurveyMonkey is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Web Platform team. The mission of Web Platform is to provide a unified underlying platform on top of which all SurveyMonkey products will run. We are building a backbone for all web applications at SurveyMonkey. The work in our mission will be a force-multiplier to help engineers do their best work. You will report into our Web Platform and Design System Engineering Manager.
What we're looking for
You will build new products at a rapid pace, helping our product engineering teams to serve our customers across digital and mobile media. As such, you will establish the experiences in engineering a platform that provides services and frameworks to developers as a secure, scalable and available platform by using a variety of technologies such as GraphQL, NodeJS, React and Docker.
- Be an important player and mentor to a team of software engineers
- Build the architecture for the front-end platform
- Design modular packages, components and frameworks
- Set the technical standards across the company
- Write code and unit tests, work on API specs, automation, and conduct code reviews and testing
- Work with product owners on feature sets that impact platform, services and frameworks
- Prioritize learning and identify opportunities to adopt new technologies
- Partner with development teams and help on-board other engineers to the platform
- Designed and architected scalable and performant single page applications (SPAs)
- In-depth experience in front-end performance metrics & optimizations
- In-depth experience with testing frameworks like Jest and RTL.
- Experience with build tools like WebPack, Rollup and Babel. Familiarity with ESM, CJS, UMD, AMD
- Command of web standards, accessibility and cross-browser compatibility with real-world debugging experience.
- At least 12 years of experience
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with Apollo GraphQL, Relay or related GraphQL frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD build pipelines
- Experience developing developer productivity tools
- Experience managing open source projects
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
SurveyMonkey is the world's largest survey company, helping customers collect 2.8 million online survey responses every day. SurveyMonkey has revolutionized the way people give and take feedback, making it accessible, easy and affordable for everyone.
Want to learn more about SurveyMonkey? Visit SurveyMonkey's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.