Engineering Manager, Insights & Analysis Team
People go bananas to work here.
Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Analyze Team
At SurveyMonkey, we believe the experience of every customer in every business should be effortless and thoughtful. That's why we've developed the GetFeedback Platform. The heart of this platform is taking all the great feedback that we collect and making it sing! For our users, the key to having a great customer experience is deeply understanding what their customers are saying - at scale over feedback from all customers AND in an individual customer response. The Analyze Team does aggregation, trending, uses machine learning for insights, and builds an interface that makes it all simple to understand and easy to act on it.
What we're looking for
We are looking for an Engineering Manager that ensure the Analyze team is succeeding! Your team is composed of Front-end and Back-end Engineers. You will work with other engineering leaders, the team's Product Manager and Designer. You will report to to the Senior Director of Engineering.
- Be an example as a contributing engineer. Spend the majority of your time being a technical leader, designing systems, writing code, reviewing code, investigating or debugging issues, and helping others do the same.
- Drive projects and features across the team to succeed. The team needs leadership to do this, for example: understand expectations and share them with the team, unblock the team and individuals, seek creative technical solutions to challenges, and make sure that all the pieces come together to complete the big-picture goal.
- Help the team become the best engineering team it can be: match people to roles and challenges on the team, assess and prioritize work, hold the team and its individual engineers accountable and help the engineers grow by partnering in their careers.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 2 years of technical leadership and people management experience
- Experience building and running software as cloud native, especially with AWS or Heroku
- Experience designing systems, playing as an architect
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
SurveyMonkey is the world's largest survey company, helping customers collect 2.8 million online survey responses every day. SurveyMonkey has revolutionized the way people give and take feedback, making it accessible, easy and affordable for everyone.
Want to learn more about SurveyMonkey? Visit SurveyMonkey's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.