Vice President, Product Management - Surveys
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo
People go bananas to work here.
Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a charismatic and entrepreneurial VP of Product Management to drive the delivery of Survey Solutions on our platform. Reporting to the SVP and GM of Surveys, this key leader will set the course for the next generation of guided Survey solutions. With oversight for hiring, process, market and customer validation, this role is perfect for the senior product leader with a demonstrated track record in delivering successful 1.0 products. You will amplify an existing effort as we have already launched a few solutions to market, demonstrating that our approach is scalable and repeatable. You come from SAAS with an established playbook for new product innovation, knowledge of how to lead a startup effort within an established enterprise, and a passion for inspiring cross-functional partners in engineering, product, design, marketing and sales with the important details that make a difference to rapid innovation at scale. Experience in marketing, positioning, and selling solutions a plus. You will lead a team of experienced product managers while setting the culture, process, and people to deliver value while leveraging the technology and customer footprint of the world's most beloved survey vendor.
If you have passion for building new products, meeting customer needs, and experience leading an experienced team of product managers, we want to hear from you!
- Drive the planning, validation, and execution of our Survey Solutions strategy
- Collaborate with a team of engineers, designers, and product marketers to deliver new solutions to market
- Build the team, process, and strategy for rapid, scalable innovation on our platform
- Use your knowledge of SAAS selling, solution pitching, and customer pain points to set priorities
- Validate target buyer personas to enable sales and marketing to be more effective and efficient
- Partner with engineering to design reusable components to simplify and accelerate the development of future solutions
- Lead a motivated team of Product Managers to deliver on the product, experience, and technology strategy
- Find and amplify the best ideas and solutions, regardless of where they come from.
- Partner with Design and Engineering to ensure our solutions are of high-quality and have excellent UX
- Partner with Engineering and Design to translate strategy into concrete tactics, programs/projects, precise product priorities, specifications, and documentation
- Establish and track key metrics and success criteria for product features and offerings pre and post-launch
- Refine and sell your solution vision to external customers and internal partners by creating impactful story-telling and presentations to partners and stakeholders.
- Build on the success of our established brand, customer base, and technical platform
- World class product experience- including playbooks for customer validation, iterative development, data-driven decision-making and parallel initiatives
- Charismatic leadership skills, outstanding strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Technical ability – are comfortable ideating with engineers about solutions, learning from existing examples, and speaking on any of the technical aspects that the product team is working on
- Minimum five years of experience delivering 1.0 products iteratively
- Strong business acumen, and demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional and interdisciplinary teams to produce results.
- 5+ years of people management experience and the ability to build and grow high-performing teams
- 10+ years of product strategy and management experience (mostly) in SaaS products and solutions (Surveys or feedback software a plus)
- Experience creating compelling frameworks to develop and validate product theses based on primary and secondary research
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
SurveyMonkey is the world's largest survey company, helping customers collect 2.8 million online survey responses every day. SurveyMonkey has revolutionized the way people give and take feedback, making it accessible, easy and affordable for everyone.
Want to learn more about SurveyMonkey? Visit SurveyMonkey's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Jobs You May Like
Lead, Strategic Designer (Voice of the Customer)
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL OR Culver City OR Remote