Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
Site Reliability Engineers are 50% software engineers, 50% systems engineers, and 100% awesome. At SurveyMonkey, Site Reliability Engineers are responsible for automating, scaling, and optimizing the reliability, availability, and performance of the infrastructure services. SurveyMonkey operates one of the largest commercial Python micro service implementations on the web.
- You will own parts of the shared infrastructure (e.g.: build pipeline, package management, configuration management, and service discovery)
- You'll design and build the tools to handle our rapidly growing infrastructure
- You'll solve problems across the entire stack - operating system (Linux), software, application and network
- You'll provide support for the continuous delivery of SurveyMonkey products to our customers
- You will take part in a shared on-call rotation that won’t cripple your life or kill your soul
- You demonstrate competence in shell scripting and high-level programming languages (we’re big fans of Python)
- You possess practical knowledge and appreciation of various aspects of distributed service design, including messaging protocols, caching strategies and autonomous software design practices
- You have deep understanding of Linux internals (we favor Ubuntu)
- You have experience with a variety of modern distributed software tools for e.g. service discovery, containerization, messaging
- You are passionate about automating anything and everything
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, Pension contribution and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer.
SurveyMonkey is the world's largest survey company, helping customers collect 2.8 million online survey responses every day. SurveyMonkey has revolutionized the way people give and take feedback, making it accessible, easy and affordable for everyone.
Want to learn more about SurveyMonkey? Visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/
Jobs You May Like
Front End Developer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Sr. Software Development Engineer
Time Inc., Seattle, WA
Software Engineer, Developer Tools
Pinterest, San Francisco
Senior WHSOps Engineer for Big Data
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Mechanical
Fitbit, US - San Francisco