Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
We’re looking for a Visual Design Lead to join our team of talented designers who are curious about customers and passionate about designing delightful products. In this newly defined role, you will define the visual expression of our brand across our product interfaces and play a critical role in ensuring crafted, consistent and delightful visual experiences for our customers. As a member of the central UX team, you will play a key connector role between product-specific UX Designers, the Brand Experience team and our Design System Team.
It’s a great time join our growing team as we prepare to launch our shiny new brand and embark on a journey to fundamentally rethink our product, transform our development process and lead an organizational shift to customer-centric, design-driven culture.
Our ideal candidate will...
- Have a passion for creating visual languages that communicate the essence of the brand across a product ecosystem and hands-on experience executing visual design across complex web and mobile interfaces.
- Have advanced skills in systems design - able to partner with UX designers to understand the needs of local product areas and customers but an intuitive sense for how to solve these problems globally.
- Have experience working on cross-functional teams with Product Management and Engineering while playing an active role connecting the Brand Experience team with the Product UX team to drive cohesive cross-product experiences.
- Enjoy being hands on with design strategy, visual interface design, illustration, iconography and design systems - taking problems from concept to implementation quickly and iteratively.
- Appreciate critical feedback - you will give it, receive it and seek it out.
- Obsess over details – UI consistency, pixel fitting and even project plans.
- Care about the business impact of the products you design, not just the outcome.
- Be data-driven - whether it’s analyzing qualitative data to find a spark of insight or creating variations of a design for an A/B test - you balance your intuitive sense with a deep understanding of the data.
- Value communication, organization and thoughtful rationale in design decisions.
- Be an accountable, self-starter with good time-management and a bias for action - able to work through ambiguity, deadline pressures and manage multiple projects at once.
- Be a source of inspiration and guidance for the entire UX team on the evolution of visual trends, tools and emerging technologies.
- 5+ years of experience on a design team working on visual interface design, design systems and successfully shipping products.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including product management, engineering, qa, marketing, user research and content writers.
- Experience collaborating with other designers to create a cohesive cross-product experience.
- Solid user-centered design fundamentals with standout visual design skills and the ability to quickly produce high quality deliverables.
- Ability to present design solutions at all levels of the organization with clear, articulate rationale.
- Proficient with Sketch, Invision, Creative Suite, and knowledgeable about HTML, CSS, modern browser technologies and cross-device design.
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience.
- Portfolio showcasing examples of visual design work.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
SurveyMonkey is the world's largest survey company, helping customers collect 2.8 million online survey responses every day. SurveyMonkey has revolutionized the way people give and take feedback, making it accessible, easy and affordable for everyone.
Want to learn more about SurveyMonkey? Visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Director - UX and Research
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Brand Design Director
Casper, New York, New York
Senior Designer - Product Design
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Industrial Design Lead
IDEO, IDEO Shanghai
The Linux Foundation, Toronto, ON
Carrot Creative, Brooklyn, NY