SurveyMonkey is the world's leading provider of web-based survey solutions, and we’re looking to transform the way people make decisions. We are a smart, passionate group of people who work hard to deliver the best survey experiences on the planet, period. We believe everyone deserves easy access to the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
We are also proud to admit that despite our incredible growth over the past 17 years, we refuse to grow up. We stay curious. We believe in good ol’ roll-up-your-sleeves scrappiness. Everyone plays an impactful role, because we’re here to make a difference. And when we say good ideas can come from anyone, we mean it.
SurveyMonkey is trusted by millions of customers, including 99% of the Fortune 500, as well as other businesses, academic institutions and organizations of all shapes and sizes. We collect over 3 million survey responses daily from people in all countries around the world.
SurveyMonkey’s mission statement is to help people make better decisions with data. The Data and Analytics teams delivers the tools and technologies to make those decisions for our internal users as well as for our customers. We enable the data driven business.
The SurveyMonkey Data and Analytics team is looking for an highly quantitative, passionate, experienced and creative Director of Business Intelligence to lead a team of highly qualified Data Analysts responsible for business analytics initiatives across product, marketing, finance and sales.
The team works with the Data Warehouse as well as our Big Data environment to continuously monitor key business metrics, to initiate and perform deep dives where required and to alert business to challenges and opportunities.
The ideal candidate has to be an intellectually curious perfectionist who thrives on uncovering insights hidden in data, have a consultative mindset and is used to partner with teams across an organization, be an excellent story-teller, a motivating leader and easily be able to select and focus on high impact, complex data projects.
This is a full-time position and is located in San Mateo, California.
If partnering with the business and technical teams to enable data driven decisions in a dynamic environment is exciting to you – look no further. SurveyMonkey is the place for you!
- Lead and build out a team of elite analysts responsible for report creation and improve business domain expertise to support product, marketing, finance and sales.
- Analyze current business processes and tooling and drive improvements to make them scalable and efficient.
- Manage and mentor less experienced team members and improve team-wide business acumen
- Partner with cross-functional business and technical teams to provide analytics in support through education, knowledge sharing, business acumen and robust analysis
- Build rich and dynamic dashboards using out-of-box features, customizations, and visualizations identifying new data trends and unlock impactful insights that will drive business growth
- Communicate complex analysis and associated insights to broad audiences including executives
- Partner with multi-functional business and technical teams to optimize tracking in our web and mobile data collection platform, drive data governance and standardization with the right tools and technology to enable decisions from data driven insights
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or other quantitative field. MBA desired.
- 5+ years of business intelligence and data warehouse experience (mastery of SQL and experience with Big Data required)
- 3+ years experience leading multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a multi-functional environment and managing people in Business Intelligence or Analytics
- Experience building dashboards in common visualization tools (Tableau, Salesforce Wave would be a plus)
- Experience gathering and exploring data from multiple sources using a scripting language (Python, PHP, R, Ruby, etc.)
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business or product decisions
- Exceptional problem solving skills: demonstrated ability to understand business challenges, structure complex problems, develop solutions
- A solid grasp of common statistical applications and methods (A/B tests and multivariate experiments, probabilities, regression)
- Excellent communication and story-telling skills. The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses to business partners is key.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
SurveyMonkey is the world's largest survey company, helping customers collect 2.8 million online survey responses every day. SurveyMonkey has revolutionized the way people give and take feedback, making it accessible, easy and affordable for everyone.
Want to learn more about SurveyMonkey? Visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Data Analyst
Tile, San Mateo, CA
Senior Manager, Monetization Analytics - Dropbox Business
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Growth Analyst, SEO
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Sr. Risk Data Scientist
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Data Analyst Intern (Summer 2018)
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lead Product Analyst, Ads
Pinterest, San Francisco