Survios, the developer of the best-selling game Raw Data for the HTC Vive, has an opening for a Technical Installer for Events and Location-Based Virtual Reality Activations.
Survios is looking for an entrepreneurial MacGyver-type to assist in installing location-based virtual reality game activations. From in-store pop-up arcades to full-scale VR activations, you will work with our Director of IT and System Administration to ensure that Survios delivers high-quality virtual reality demo pods. Ideally, in addition to your ability to execute, you will bring a fresh vision to the new and dynamic field of virtual reality location-based experiences and arcades.
- Minor construction, data cabling, wall assembly and electrical work is necessary
- Proven ability to work with vendors to source materials necessary to create functional installation setups
- Expertise in thinking across a broad range of technical equipment and functions and relish in the technical details
- Basic computer skills to be able to set up local networks and ability to learn how to install virtual reality hardware
- Minor construction, wall assembly using scd and hammers
- Determining the necessary technical supports, including the specifications, costs and usage of equipment applied to a wide variety of locations
- Ability to assess the limitations of a location for setting up VR installations and ability to apply the skills necessary for troubleshooting in unforeseen circumstances
- Monitoring the condition of equipment, including arranging for repair and replacement of equipment, performing preventative maintenance as necessary, and troubleshooting issues on site
- Collaborate with the various Survios teams including IT and Operations to determine work-related expenses and budgeting
- Scheduling and attending technical planning meetings, and training others to do the same work as needed
- 5-7 years of technical event and/or installation production work (could include trade show installations, arcade technical support, film production work, etc.)
- Proficiency in at least one primary technical skill, e.g., AV, Projection, Lighting, Sound, Carpentry
- Ability to work weekends and evenings
- Travel required
- Proven experience handling the full scope of the role from technical details to conceptual/long-term vision of programming within a space
- Understanding of sound (digital), lighting, and video engineering within the live performance realm
- Electrical knowledge and light carpentry are highly desired, but not required.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, bend, climb stairs
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of relevant technical software (e.g. CAD) is a plus
- Ability to work within a fast-moving, dynamic and nimble environment
- Customer focused with excellent communication and people skills
- Familiarity with setting up gaming console hardware and/or VR hardware devices such as HTC Vive, Oculus, and PS VR a huge plus
- Attention to detail and the ability to read and follow schematics
OUR STORY In March 2012 we launched Project Holodeck as an interdisciplinary effort at the University of Southern California, bringing together a team of technical artists and engineers to tackle big challenges such as avatar embodiment, positional movement, 3DUI, and game design for VR. As our final project we developed one of the first full-motion VR games ever, called Wild Skies. Soon enough we were able to build a truly immersive VR environment that was intuitive, engaging, and (we think) super entertaining.
Want to learn more about Survios? Visit Survios's website.
Jobs You May Like
Risk Operations Agent
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Partner Director, Professional Services
MongoDB, New York City, Palo Alto or Remote
Wolt, Warsaw / Kraków, Poland
Field Manager (Enjoy Captain) - Birmingham
Enjoy, Birmingham, AL
Endurance International Group, Houston, TX
Travel Intrapreneur (Volunteer Tourism)
Ventura TRAVEL, Berlin (or any other location)