Survios, the foremost virtual reality game developer and pioneer of the future of immersive technologies, has an opening for a full-time UI/UX Designer.
Here's your opportunity to shape the future of virtual reality. Survios, Inc. is at the forefront of virtual reality game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies.
As a UI/UX Designer, you will be responsible for creating, implementing and maintaining user interfaces and interactive 3D systems and tools. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to collaborate with other developers across disciplines, seek out opportunities to dive in, solve problems, and make improvements wherever necessary.
The ideal candidate has experience working with a cross disciplinary team. Candidates should have solid technical fundamentals including strong 3D rendering and problem solving skills. Candidates are expected to be self-starting and proactive in identifying risk and determining solutions. They should have a passion for adding the extra polish that sets our games apart.
- Create wireframes, page layouts, interactions, prototypes, mock-ups, icons, and 3DUI designs for VR across various applications.
- Design and develop new 3DUI concepts using real-time rendered motion effects.
- Work directly with our world-class game development team to implement interactive menus and HUDs.
- Contribute, innovative, and develop original ideas on all aspects of game production and development.
- Ability to take a concept from wireframe to shippable level art with minimal support.
- A strong passion for video game development.
- Minimum 4 years as a UX designer, UI designer or similar experience
- Ability to show examples of your work as it relates to games (PC, Mobile, and/or Console), websites, or interactive spaces.
- Can effectively and rapidly prototype ideas in Adobe Suite, HTML, or Unreal.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with developers from other disciplines.
- A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of game systems.
- Strong visual portfolio related to games or interactive experiences.
- Strong knowledge/proficiency of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong working knowledge of After Effects.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in 3D art, design or a related field.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience including Blueprints.
- Experience working with Virtual Reality platforms including Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Sony PlayStation VR.
Survios is at the forefront of VR game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies. Since inception, we have taken a holistic approach to virtual reality innovation, developing hardware, software, and games hand-in-hand to take VR to places that no one has dreamed possible. Survios offers a pet-friendly work environment with unlimited vacation time and a host of other perks and benefits to give our team everything we need to create unrivaled Active Virtual Reality experiences.
OUR STORY In March 2012 we launched Project Holodeck as an interdisciplinary effort at the University of Southern California, bringing together a team of technical artists and engineers to tackle big challenges such as avatar embodiment, positional movement, 3DUI, and game design for VR. As our final project we developed one of the first full-motion VR games ever, called Wild Skies. Soon enough we were able to build a truly immersive VR environment that was intuitive, engaging, and (we think) super entertaining.
Want to learn more about Survios? Visit Survios's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Enterprise Product Designer, Lifecycle
Handshake, San Francisco, CA or Denver, CO or NY, New York or Remote