Survios, the foremost virtual reality game developer and pioneer of the future of immersive technologies, has an opening for a full-time Gameplay Engineer working with Unreal Engine 4.
Candidates must have a passion for designing, implementing, and maintaining gameplay systems and tools. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to collaborate with other developers across disciplines, seek out opportunities to dive in, solve problems, and make improvements wherever necessary.
The ideal candidate has experience working with a cross disciplinary team on a large codebase. Candidates should have solid technical fundamentals including strong 3D math, optimization, debugging and problem solving skills. Candidates are expected to be self-starting and proactive in identifying risk and determining solutions. They should have a passion for adding the extra polish that sets our games apart.
- Design, develop, and maintain the core game systems that power Survios games and applications.
- Work closely with designers to implement gameplay features and functionality using the Unreal Engine.
- Create or improve tools as necessary to empower content creators.
- Continuously test, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize on applicable console, PC and mobile platforms.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++.
- Minimum 2 years professional game development experience with at least one shipped Unreal Engine title.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience including blueprints and C++ implementation.
- Strong generalist and systems architecture programming skills.
- Experience developing code for multiple platforms including PC, console and mobile.
- Comfortable working with internal and externally developed code.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and developers from other disciplines.
- A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of game systems.
- A strong passion for video game development.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math or related field.
- Experience designing and implementing threaded, asynchronous software.
- Real-time networking proficiency and experience.
- Experience working with Virtual Reality platforms including Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Sony PlayStation VR.
OUR STORY In March 2012 we launched Project Holodeck as an interdisciplinary effort at the University of Southern California, bringing together a team of technical artists and engineers to tackle big challenges such as avatar embodiment, positional movement, 3DUI, and game design for VR. As our final project we developed one of the first full-motion VR games ever, called Wild Skies. Soon enough we were able to build a truly immersive VR environment that was intuitive, engaging, and (we think) super entertaining.
Want to learn more about Survios? Visit Survios's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. SEO Strategist
Conductor, New York, New York
Software Engineer - Reporting Platform
Programa Desenvolve | Pessoa Analista de Qualidade de Software
ThoughtWorks, Porto Alegre
Upthere, Redwood City, CA
Engineering Manager, Product Engineering
Checkr, San Francisco
INDIGO fair, San Francisco