Here's your opportunity to shape the future of virtual reality. Survios is at the forefront of virtual reality game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies.
Survios is looking for a talented Lead Concept Artist to spearhead the visual direction of the next generation of VR products.
- Ensures that the art team delivers high quality visuals that support amazing VR gameplay experiences
- Collaborates with the creative director and lead designer to establish a cohesive, artistic direction that is consistent with product goals
- Demonstrates expertise across a wide range of art styles, from heavily stylized animated projects to triple-A style photorealism
- Ability to articulate complex aesthetic or visual concepts to the art team and the wider company
- Works with external vendors and partners to ensure that their output is consistent with internal goals
- Develops style guides, reference boards, and other related documentation that supports the product vision
- Maintains a close relationship with producers to schedule and balance artistic needs across various departments
- Fosters artistic growth and development by inspiring and mentoring individual artists on the team
- Expands the capabilities of the art team by developing new processes and pipelines
- Stays up to date with the latest news and trends in the VR industry
- 2 minimum shipped games as an Art Director/Lead Concept Artist
- 8 years’ experience in traditional PC/console game development
- F.A. or equivalent arts degree
- Strong technical ability and experience across a broad variety of 2d/3d software
- Unreal Engine 4
- Keyshot/Marmoset/any rendering package
- Exceptional understanding of the fundamental principles of design and ability to articulate them to the team
- Exceptional artistic and creative problem solving skills
- Experience managing art teams, giving feedback, and facilitating productive, artistic discussion
- Thorough understanding of game design process and methodology
- Strong artistic leadership ability
- Strong ability in traditional arts (drawing, sculpting, painting)
- Avid gamer across multiple platforms including VR
- 2 years of experience in VR game development
OUR STORY In March 2012 we launched Project Holodeck as an interdisciplinary effort at the University of Southern California, bringing together a team of technical artists and engineers to tackle big challenges such as avatar embodiment, positional movement, 3DUI, and game design for VR. As our final project we developed one of the first full-motion VR games ever, called Wild Skies. Soon enough we were able to build a truly immersive VR environment that was intuitive, engaging, and (we think) super entertaining.
Want to learn more about Survios? Visit Survios's website.
Jobs You May Like
350.org, Remote location worldwide - we’re particularly keen to hear from filmmakers in Latin America (BRT Brazil Time Zone) and in the European Union (in CET Central European Time) and Pacific regions (near NZST New Zealand Standard Time).
Model - All Sizes
ModCloth, Los Angeles, CA
Hypebeast, Hong Kong
Element AI, London
Software Engineer - Developer Infrastructure
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Coordinator, Post Production - Kids & Family Film
Netflix, Los Angeles, California