Survios, the foremost virtual reality game developer and pioneer of the future of immersive technologies, is seeking a visionary and experienced Lead Gameplay Engineer, working with Unreal Engine 4.
Candidates must have a passion for designing, implementing, and maintaining gameplay systems and tools. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to collaborate with other developers across disciplines, seek out opportunities to dive in, solve problems, and make improvements wherever necessary.
The ideal candidate has considerable experience leading development on a large cutting-edge code base and has the ability to architect and implement critical game engine components. The role requires prior experience developing for modern game systems such as PS4, Xbox One or Windows.
- Lead the design, development, architecture and implementation of the core engine systems that power Survios games and applications.
- Create software systems that are intrinsically scalable and cross platform.
- Create or improve tools as necessary to support specific features/systems.
- Continuously test, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize across all applicable platforms.
- Adapt current and legacy games to maximize performance and stability on new platforms.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development.
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their capabilities and productivity.
- Five or more years of experience in the creation and delivery of state-of-the-art, performance-minded AAA console of PC games with two in-game credits required.
- At least one shipped modern console or PC title in the Lead Programmer role.
- Experience working with team leads to develop project structures, best practices, programming workflows and project scheduling.
- Solid working knowledge of all technical aspects of game development facilitating the leadership of programmers outside of core expertise.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++.
- Proficiency with linear algebra and general 3D mathematics.
- Comfortable working with internal and externally developed code and middleware.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and team members from other disciplines.
- Desire and demonstrated ability to mentor junior programmers and help with their career growth.
- A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of systems.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making video games.
- Hands-on experience developing for Unreal Engine 4, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or related field.
- Experience developing Maya plug-ins and asset pipeline support utilities.
- Experience designing and implementing threaded, asynchronous software.
- Experience with real-time physics, animation, and inverse kinematics.
- Experience with the technical challenges unique to active Virtual Reality game development.
OUR STORY In March 2012 we launched Project Holodeck as an interdisciplinary effort at the University of Southern California, bringing together a team of technical artists and engineers to tackle big challenges such as avatar embodiment, positional movement, 3DUI, and game design for VR. As our final project we developed one of the first full-motion VR games ever, called Wild Skies. Soon enough we were able to build a truly immersive VR environment that was intuitive, engaging, and (we think) super entertaining.
Want to learn more about Survios? Visit Survios's website.
Jobs You May Like
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Experiences & Rentals
TripAdvisor, Boston, MA
Lead Software Engineer
Joany, Los Angeles
Senior Technical Writer
Okta, San Jose, CA / San Francisco, CA
iOS Engineer, Ad Formats
Pinterest, San Francisco