Survios, the world’s top VR developer, is looking for an exceptionally skilled and highly motivated Lead Character Artist to help visualize the future of virtual reality on a variety of unannounced titles.
The ideal candidate enjoys putting their skills and knowledge to use in a variety of styles. Your broader experience in game development and the character pipeline will help you work collaboratively with designers, concept artists, technical artists and animators to create an immersive and epic game experience.
Survios is at the forefront of VR game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies. Since inception, we have taken a holistic approach to virtual reality innovation, developing hardware, software, and games hand-in- hand to take VR to places that no one has dreamed possible.
- Sculpt high-resolution characters.
- Create clean game topology, UV’s and textures.
- Collaborate with Production to organize, schedule, and manage the character art team’s daily activities.
- Support character concept and design.
- Work with Art Director to drive and maintain high visual quality of character models.
- Partner with engineers and tech artists to develop an effective character art pipeline.
- Mentor the character team through verbal and written feedback.
- Communicate the visual design and development of the characters through art specifications, style guides and reference material.
- Deliver feedback to outsourcing partners.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in game development as an artist specializing in character / organic modeling using Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush or Mudbox.
- Exceptional understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in traditional hard-surface poly modeling techniques.
- An exceptional understanding of anatomy, form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to modeling.
- Experience with the production of optimized, game-ready 3D models using Maya.
- Strong understanding of the Unreal Engine 4 material and shader system.
- Extremely flexible and adaptable to new tools, environments, and unexpected challenges.
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps.
- Self-motivation, superior communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers.
- Passion for VR games.
- Experience in creating characters for FPS and/or VR games.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, animation, visual effects, or technical art.
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Painter.
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio link. Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
Survios is at the forefront of VR game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies. Since inception, we have taken a holistic approach to virtual reality innovation, developing hardware, software, and games hand-in-hand to take VR to places that no one has dreamed possible. Survios offers a pet-friendly work environment with unlimited vacation time and a host of other perks and benefits to give our team everything we need to create unrivaled Active Virtual Reality experiences.
OUR STORY In March 2012 we launched Project Holodeck as an interdisciplinary effort at the University of Southern California, bringing together a team of technical artists and engineers to tackle big challenges such as avatar embodiment, positional movement, 3DUI, and game design for VR. As our final project we developed one of the first full-motion VR games ever, called Wild Skies. Soon enough we were able to build a truly immersive VR environment that was intuitive, engaging, and (we think) super entertaining.
Want to learn more about Survios? Visit Survios's website.
File hosting service
Jobs You May Like
Freelance Graphic Designers