People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you! Survios currently has an opening for a talented Senior AI Engineer working with Unreal Engine 4.
Candidates must have a passion for creating the characters that drive gameplay. We want people who enjoy working in cross-discipline groups to develop the behaviors and technology that brings games to life. Candidates will have broad responsibility to identify problems and opportunities, and make improvements wherever necessary.
The ideal candidate has considerable experience with both common AI techniques and collaborating with animators to create convincing behaviors. The role requires the ability to architect and implement substantial systems and to polish AI behaviors. The ideal candidate is passionate about player experience, with attention to details. The role requires prior experience developing AI for modern game systems such as PS4, Xbox One or Windows.
- Design, architect, implement, and maintain AI systems.
- Create or improve tools as necessary to empower content creators.
- Collaborate with design and animation to create compelling character behaviors.
- Profile, analyze, and optimize systems on all applicable platforms.
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their capabilities and productivity.
- Five or more years of experience in the creation and delivery of state-of-the-art, performance-minded games with two in-game credits required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++.
- Proficient with linear algebra and general 3D mathematics.
- Proficient with techniques such as A*, behavior trees, and influence maps.
- Experience building characters and behaviors.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and team members from other disciplines.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making video games.
- Commitment to personal and peer development and sharing best practices.
- Hands-on experience developing for Unreal Engine 4, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or a related field.
- Experience designing and implementing threaded, asynchronous software.
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.
OUR STORY In March 2012 we launched Project Holodeck as an interdisciplinary effort at the University of Southern California, bringing together a team of technical artists and engineers to tackle big challenges such as avatar embodiment, positional movement, 3DUI, and game design for VR. As our final project we developed one of the first full-motion VR games ever, called Wild Skies. Soon enough we were able to build a truly immersive VR environment that was intuitive, engaging, and (we think) super entertaining.
Want to learn more about Survios? Visit Survios's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world