Software Engineering Manager - Performance, Benchmarking, and Resiliency
Symbotic, Wilmington MA, US
We simplify material handling from manufacturer to store shelf
Our Architecture department is currently in need of a technical leader to join our team. The ideal candidate will be intricately involved in defining and creating the infrastructure and processed to test our system from a performance and resiliency perspective. This team will establish benchmarks and highlight performance bottlenecks and areas of instability to the engineering teams for resolution. This team has a critical role in making sure our system can reliably scale for the business. This is the perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to lead an innovative and energetic team that helps deliver a reliable product line that plays a critical role in our customers supply chain.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering departments to understand company needs and devise possible solutions
- Coach, mentor, and lead a diverse group of software engineers, helping them to grow technically and professionally
- Identify performance bottlenecks and reliability concerns, providing insight to the responsible development teams
- Contribute to new automation and test tool requirements
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends
- Contribute to the company's knowledge base by being the forward-thinking data technology expert
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- 10-15 years’ experience in software development
- 5 years’ experience as team lead or manager as a performance engineer
- Bachelor’s required or Master’s degree preferred in Computer Science
- Extensive experience in agile software development
- Expertise in Test Planning, Test Estimation, Test Strategy, Work Load Design, Test Cases Design, Test Environment Setup, Test Data Setup, Defect Management & Configuration Management.
- Expertise in Performance Testing tools such as Jmeter / Performance center.
- Execute Benchmark, load, stress, and endurance. Monitor application logs to determine system behavior. Address all technical issues; facilitate the resolution and necessary follow up with Development and other cross-functional departments.
- Analyze the CPU Utilization, Memory usage, Network usage, Garbage Collection and DB Reports to verify the performance of the applications.
- Experience testing Event-Based microservice, with Kubernetes and .NET Core.
- Experience testing RabbitMQ, Redis, Consul.io, and an understanding of virtualized servers, and networking is required
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.
Symbotic® has developed proprietary and innovative robotics and software to deliver an advanced automation solution to make the supply chain faster, more efficient and more profitable for manufacturers, distributors and retailers of all sizes. In assembling our talented workforce, we’ve brought together some of the region and industry’s top intellectuals, engineers and other multifaceted professionals. Many of our employees are mechanical, electrical and software engineers, but we’re always on the lookout for talented professionals looking to join our team.
Want to learn more about Symbotic? Visit Symbotic's website.
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.