Manager, Business Applications & BI
Symbotic, Wilmington MA, US
We simplify material handling from manufacturer to store shelf
Symbotic is searching for an innovative, solutions-focused Director of Business Systems and Intelligence to be a part of our exciting initiative of operationally scale to deliver the next generation of world-class industrial supply chain and warehouse automation equipment. We are seeking an experienced, hands-on leader to own and scale our business applications and business intelligence platforms for operations.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has demonstrated scaling competencies and has preferred experience with operational functions including manufacturing, supply chain, quality and field operations. You must be hands-on, and able to succeed within a high change and extremely fast-paced environment. In addition, the qualified candidate must have experience integrating workflows for multiple applications including ERP (NetSuite preferred) Product Life Cycle Management platforms (Arena or Agile), and BI tools (Tableau or Looker)
You will lead and collaborate with several functions within operations and cross-functionally with other IT, Finance and Engineering. You will build and lead a team that is responsible for executing on complex cross-functional projects that focus on business application scale and build out a full suite of organizational business intelligence reports and KPI’s. This role will report to the COO
- As a proven leader and NetSuite Solutions Architect, you will support business strategy initiatives for operations through requirements and process development, technical design, and solution sessions, while providing hands-on expert-level development capability including delivering meaningful enhancements.
- In collaboration with functional owners, develop an understanding of the business processes and operations, documenting requirements, process flows, technical objects, and release step details (change controls, data migrations, and step-by-step order of operations) as well as configuration and solution design.
- Demonstrated experience to scope business process gaps, develop prioritized improvement and resource roadmap and experience in leading an ERP transformation
- Lead the creation of the future vision of NetSuite development, and related business system needs including defining the roadmap of NetSuite architecture, design, business process and solution implementations.
- The ideal candidate must have owned a data platform in a large-scale environment and developed a BI reporting platform while having broad business system transformation and start-up experience.
- Ability to bring stakeholders at all levels of the organization to consensus asserting an architecture which aligns to the business objectives.
- Detailed understanding of BI/Analytics technologies including Tableau, Looker etc.
- Advanced business intelligence and reporting experience with strong critical thinking and project management skills.
- Collaborates with IT staff to share best practice, capitalize on efficiencies, and ensure consistency in approach and delivery.
- Build, maintain and innovate our data platforms providing access to business reporting to executives, business leaders, and multiple users and key data tools to the analytics team.
- Develop and implement data platform vision and roadmap in partnership with broader data and business teams.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and build/update data solutions to support stakeholder and project objectives.
- Extensive experience delivering scalable, usable and secure BI/Analytics capabilities
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience required
- 10 years of experience in the areas of Business System and BI development, project management, and technical business analysis with at least five years of management responsibility. ·
- Experience supporting business systems development for manufacturing, supply chain and customer support functions, and transportation logistics
- Extensive NetSuite development technology experience preferred. NetSuite certifications desired, e.g. NetSuite Architect, Developer, Specialist or Consultant paths.
- Experience in writing scripts or programs to analyze/validate large data sets.
- Ability to lead project execution with Agile/ Scrum methodology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with and influence all levels of the business
- Experience building custom data solutions for reporting, improving analytics workflow
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision desired
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to communicate complex technical issues in a concise easy-to-follow manner is essential.
- Expert knowledge of all areas ERP Business Applications and other relevant applications such as ERP & PLM
- Able to design and develop new solutions that benefit the organization and support the organization in implementing strategies and improving operational excellence. ·
- Exceptional Project Management skills, with excellence in time management, communications, decision making, presentation, interpersonal relations, and organization skills. Strong “customer service” mindset ad commitment to excellence.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.
Symbotic® has developed proprietary and innovative robotics and software to deliver an advanced automation solution to make the supply chain faster, more efficient and more profitable for manufacturers, distributors and retailers of all sizes. In assembling our talented workforce, we’ve brought together some of the region and industry’s top intellectuals, engineers and other multifaceted professionals. Many of our employees are mechanical, electrical and software engineers, but we’re always on the lookout for talented professionals looking to join our team.
Want to learn more about Symbotic? Visit Symbotic's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.