Quality Assurance Engineer
Helping institutions connect students to people, knowledge, and opportunities.
- Garner/maintain system expertise for assigned products.
- Understand strategic objective of desired short term and long term system features/changes.
- Participate in agile scrum processes. Requires effective communication with others in verbal and written forms.
- Ability to develop, execute and track test items to ensure successful feature development outcomes. Our goal is to ensure Minimal Defect Releases.
- Maintain detailed and accurate issue tracking processes.
- Maintain/Coordinate Regression Test Scripts for assigned products.
- Assist in development of automated software testing tools.
- Work collaboratively with other members of product, design, development, and QA teams to ensure quality client outcomes.
- Identify and champion process improvement ideas and systems enhancements that could increase overall system quality.
- Execution of tasks against deadlines, which on occasion, necessitate nights/weekend work.
- Develop user training/communication materials for product releases.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience working with large scale projects.
- Basic agile software development process understanding.
- Meticulous attention to detail; the ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering the quality bar.
- Strong professional communication skills; the ability to partner with internal and external team members effectively.
- Comfort working with a range of productivity and work-flow management tools (e.g., SmartSheet, Pivotal Tracker, Excel, and Word)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Business or technical degree
- Software testing experience
- Software testing automation experience
- Self-motivation and a strong bias for action; the ability to hit aggressive goals without micromanagement
We Are Symplicity We’re committed to empowering our clients with innovative, easy-to-use solutions that enable them to streamline processes, improve outcomes, and cultivate positive relationships with their students, customers, and communities.
Want to learn more about Symplicity? Visit Symplicity's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.