Senior Corporate Accountant
Symplicity, Arlington, VA
Helping institutions connect students to people, knowledge, and opportunities.
- Revenue recognition and analysis.
- Prepare month-end close and recording of journal entries and prepare trend variance explanations.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and roll forward schedules as assigned.
- Manage treasury functions including daily cash, cash projections, corporate credit cards, line of credit, letters of credit, ACH and wire activities.
- Manage the processing of payroll and administer the firm’s travel program.
- Assist in the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits, annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist in all external audits and annual tax returns document preparations.
- Identify and implement process improvements and strive to follow best practices to enhance the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of individual and team work product.
- Help develop accounting policies and approach for capitalizing R&D, recognizing deferred compensation expense, setting up appropriate transfer pricing mechanics.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, concentration in Accounting or Finance or related
- 5+ years of experience in public or corporate accounting
- Superior analytical skills
- Must be comfortable independently evaluating a situation, exercising judgment, and independently making decisions.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- CPA preferred
- Experience in, or exposure to Oracles NetSuite preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, and financial reporting
- SAAS industry experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
We Are Symplicity We’re committed to empowering our clients with innovative, easy-to-use solutions that enable them to streamline processes, improve outcomes, and cultivate positive relationships with their students, customers, and communities.
Want to learn more about Symplicity? Visit Symplicity's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.