Symplicity, Remote- Australia
Helping institutions connect students to people, knowledge, and opportunities.
- Subject Matter Expert: Serves as an expert in our products, including their functionality, industry application, and deployment methodologies. Understands the application and deployment of employability, disability and equity as well as conduct and case management technologies at Higher Education institutions. Ability to serve as an advisor and expert on employability and student service areas.
- Client Meetings and Meeting Preparation: Leads and attends client meetings in person and via online. Prepares highly complex level technical proposals and presentations. Provides broad scope responses to product and industry questions. Demonstrates advanced solution selling abilities and effective, pro-active client communications. Interacts with all levels of client's management team.
- Client Solution Development: Engages in strategic conversations regarding our product capabilities and benefits with customer constituents. Analyses client's needs and works with consulting organisation to develop proposals based on knowledge of client’s current infrastructure, and business on how the company can competitively meet client’s needs with a combination of strategic and technical consulting and products.
- Internal and External Training: Advises clients and sales on technical aspects of company products including fit to client’s needs, features, availability, etc. Actively involved in industry organisations and forums.
- Client Advocate: acts as client advocate as necessary for pre-sales activities and minimal post-sales activities.
- Thought Leadership/Process Improvement: Provide feedback internally to product, sales and marketing, and leadership teams on client experience, product features/functionality, and service implementation/management.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Communication: Advanced written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to build relationships over the phone. Must have proactive communication style ensuring timely status of projects to account team and clients. Must be able to extract hidden or unrealized client requirements and gain consensus on these requirements with the client. Ability to focus ambiguous client needs into specific, deliverable requirements. Able to develop relationships and communicate with high level client technical staff as well as senior executives.
- Technical Skills: Advanced understanding of cloud-based enterprise technology and systems, preferably in higher education marketplace. Advanced understanding of technical terminology related to company products and services. Advanced understanding of sales cycles and solution selling process, preferably at multiple levels, i.e., Internet and Enterprise. Advanced level presentation skills.
- Problem Solving: Expert analytical skills. Must be able to work through complex issues with a methodical approach. Expert ability to graphically depict solutions in a compelling manner.
- Work Style: Able to work independently and as part of a team. Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines. Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be detail oriented.
- Computer Skills: Advanced MS Office Suite knowledge and usage. Able to learn internal company systems, such as NetSuite.
- Business Acumen: Must have an intermediate understanding of company financial measures. Must have advanced understanding of cloud-based enterprise software industry and sales cycles.
- Able to travel as needed (Approx. 50%).
Education, Skills And Experience
- Bachelor's degree, advanced degree preferred in information technology management, instructional technology or other education-related field or equivalent on the job experience in the education technology sector.
- Significant experience working in a higher education sector, preferably in career services or student support services.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
We Are Symplicity We’re committed to empowering our clients with innovative, easy-to-use solutions that enable them to streamline processes, improve outcomes, and cultivate positive relationships with their students, customers, and communities.
Want to learn more about Symplicity? Visit Symplicity's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.