Systems Engineer III (Aerospace & Defense)
Systima Technologies, Mukilteo WA, US
Rapid response engineering from concept to production
The Systems Engineer’s role is to provide technical oversight to engineering teams developing aerospace and flight worthy structures, mechanisms, mechanical products and systems. The Systems Engineer III is expected to contribute to product maturation by driving technical planning and execution, organizing and coordinating program-wide technical activities, documenting and reporting results, and ensuring the end product meets all applicable requirements.
- Contributes program-level technical oversight to ensure the end product meets all applicable requirements
- Ensures balanced emphasis on engineering design, analysis, and testing to produce a robust design
- Drives system level architectural decisions by modeling system level behavior and assisting with requirement decomposition.
- Verifies and documents system compliance to requirements
- Drives test plan development to validate system performance
- Supports development of engineering reports and presentations
- Supports development of interface control drawings and interface description documents
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
- Typically possesses 4-7 years aerospace and/or defense experience
- Experience with development of mechanical systems and structures, electronics, electrical cabling, system integration and qualification testing
- Proficiency with general aerospace engineering knowledge including structural analysis, FEA, physics-based modeling, dynamics / kinematics, advanced high-strength materials, design and test
- Exemplifies technical leadership with demonstrated ability to develop, plan and execute multidisciplinary projects
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance
BENEFITS AT SYSTIMA
Systima Technologies is a dynamic and growing company. We work on innovative, fast-paced projects from concept to production. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Paid Time Off, 401(k), paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage plans, education reimbursement, semi-annual bonuses and more. Plus, Systima has rolled out a new 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday OFF - this is a pilot program that we hope will successfully highlight our commitment to each employees' well-being, as we continue to deliver excellent service to our customers.
Systima recently purchased an outstanding property to accommodate our current staff and anticipated future growth. Systima's operations were previously based in Kirkland, WA. Then in mid-2021 our team relocated to the Harbour Pointe Tech Center, overlooking Puget Sound in beautiful Mukilteo, Washington.
Systima is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Systima are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Systima does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About Systima Technologies
Systima Technologies, Inc. (Systima) is a premier manufacturer of qualified energetic systems and components, and complex integrated systems supporting the Defense, Space, and Commercial Markets. Our new campus is located in Kirkland, Washington just 15 miles northeast of downtown Seattle. Systima’s state-of-the-art facility has over 110,000 sq/ft for engineering and analysis, prototype development, testing, qualification and production. Systima’s Environmental Testing Lab is also located at the Kirkland, WA campus with over 5,000 sq/ft of testing space to support system qualification.
Want to learn more about Systima Technologies? Visit Systima Technologies's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos