Taboola News is a new business unit within Taboola which leverages Taboola’s strong relationships with web publishers and advertisers to deliver a solution for engagement, differentiation and monetization with OEMs and Carriers. Taboola recently acquired Start Magazine, a news service that partners with cellular carriers. The acquisition will broaden Taboola News’ reach through Start’s carrier partnerships that place it on some 20 million devices.
We are looking for an experienced senior leader to join our APAC team based in Bangkok to drive growth for the Taboola News business. This role reports directly to the VP and General Manager of Taboola News. In this role, you will head sales in APAC, develop new relationships, help grow existing customer relationships by working closely with our OEM Account Manager and are expected to drive sales and business development while working on both strategic and tactical levels to implement the Taboola News strategy.
You should be as comfortable selling, pitching and negotiating deals with OEMs and telco partners in the APAC region and as well as working cross-functionally with multiple internal stakeholders in Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Product and the implementation team to drive strategic organic growth initiatives for the business.
You will have direct ownership over managing existing partnerships and development of new partnerships, which will be vital to our growth strategy. Our leadership team is highly invested in making you successful in this crucial role.
- Meet revenue targets. Develop accurate forecasts for all markets. Stay in tune with business and market trends.
- Enhance and manage the sales processes throughout the Taboola News business
- Identify key OEM / telco partners in the APAC region and build the relationship
- Close deals with new clients
- Grow and maintain existing strategic partnerships with key telcos and OEMs in the APAC region
- Provide detailed sales reports on key performance criteria
- Proven track record in sales to top tier customers with 10 years’ minimum experience
- Previous experience in managing a $10M+ business in the Telecommunication Industry
- Experience in partnership development and/or strategic business development within a telecommunications environment partnering as a vendor or directly within a telco
- Sales experience in the APAC region
- Highly motivated individual and a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit to spearhead a newly created business function
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication and presentation skills, and equally strong listening skills
- Strong negotiator with a “hunger-to-win” mentality, and a proven record in closing profitable deals
- Skilled in managing multiple, conflicting priorities. Has good organization and analytical skills
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time
What is Taboola: Our Story With an infinite amount of things to read, watch, or listen to surrounding us every day, how do we know where to look first? Taboola’s founder and CEO, Adam Singolda, calls this the “discovery problem.” Search engines may have changed the world by enabling people to find any and all kinds of information. But how can someone discover something new they may like if they don’t already know to look for it? So, what is Taboola? Since our launch in 2007, Taboola’s team of ninja-like engineers and digital media mavens have been building the world’s largest and most advanced discovery platform -- or “search engine in reverse” -- delivering personalized recommendations to over one billion users every month, on many of the web’s most innovative and highly-visited websites. Thousands of leading publishers, marketers, and agencies utilize Taboola’s predictive technology to increase user engagement, monetize their traffic, and distribute their content to engaged audiences across the web. Together, our teams have pioneered a major new marketing channel alongside “search” and “social,” proving that “discovery” can power successful campaigns for companies of all sizes, throughout the customer journey. These days, passionate about bringing “discovery” to more markets around the world, there are over 650 of us “Taboolars” (and growing), connecting people with content they may like but never knew existed, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Tel Aviv, New Delhi, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Bangkok.
Want to learn more about Taboola? Visit Taboola's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Workflow
Front End Engineer
United Technologies Digital, New York
Staff Software Engineer - Back-end
TrueAccord, San Francisco, CA
[Freelance] Experiences Ambassador - Munich
Airbnb, Remote, Munich
Operations Specialist - Phoenix
LimeBike, Phoenix, AZ
Senior Software Engineer - Graphics