Taboola, the world’s largest content recommendation platform, is expanding its Labs Group - A multidisciplinary group tasked with exploring technical and business opportunities outside of the scope of Taboolas core operation.
In this job you will:
- Explore ideas and develop opportunities that align with the company’s strategic scope and goals.
- Be involved in all aspects of a new exploration (tech, product, business, ops) by coordinating with other groups in the company andof course actually executing.
- Integrate the new product/feature/idea into Taboola core business, once it’s proven it’s business viability (or be prepared to pull the plug otherwise).
- Develop highly customized user interfaces for web-based applications.
- Be up to date with the relevant frontend technology trends in the market and develop new open source trends.
- Have end to end ownership: Design, build, ship, measure and maintain your services together with your fellow team members.
- Explore human interfaces of the future such as VR/AR, voice, and who knows...
- Collaborate with talented, driven people who are fun to work with.
- Directly Influence the way billions of people discover the internet
Our Tech Stack:
- Over 5 years programming experience with frontend technologies.
- Ability to thrive in an uncertain, non-definitive dynamic environment and quickly adapt to changes.
- Ability to assimilate and new technologies effectively and quickly (e.g. you read the documentation!) .
- Proven record of innovation and technological creativity.
- Highly proficient in designing UI.
- Understanding of strong Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures systems and applications programming.
- Product orientation, understanding and thinking.
Nice to have:
- Experience with backend technologies: Java or equivalent.
- BSc in computer science or equivalent.
- Experience in Big Data tools and large-scale applications.
- Understand DB fundamentals: SQL, and Big Data.
What is Taboola: Our Story With an infinite amount of things to read, watch, or listen to surrounding us every day, how do we know where to look first? Taboola’s founder and CEO, Adam Singolda, calls this the “discovery problem.” Search engines may have changed the world by enabling people to find any and all kinds of information. But how can someone discover something new they may like if they don’t already know to look for it? So, what is Taboola? Since our launch in 2007, Taboola’s team of ninja-like engineers and digital media mavens have been building the world’s largest and most advanced discovery platform -- or “search engine in reverse” -- delivering personalized recommendations to over one billion users every month, on many of the web’s most innovative and highly-visited websites. Thousands of leading publishers, marketers, and agencies utilize Taboola’s predictive technology to increase user engagement, monetize their traffic, and distribute their content to engaged audiences across the web. Together, our teams have pioneered a major new marketing channel alongside “search” and “social,” proving that “discovery” can power successful campaigns for companies of all sizes, throughout the customer journey. These days, passionate about bringing “discovery” to more markets around the world, there are over 650 of us “Taboolars” (and growing), connecting people with content they may like but never knew existed, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Tel Aviv, New Delhi, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Bangkok.
Want to learn more about Taboola? Visit Taboola's website.
Jobs You May Like
Quantitative Researcher - C++
Allston Trading, Chicago