Join Taboola's Big Data team as a Sr. Data Scientist!
Read something interesting online to day? There's a good chance it reached you because of our technology.
Taboola is the world's leading content discovery platform, serving 360B recommendations to over 1B unique visitors each month on the web's most innovative publisher sites, including NBC, USA Today, The Weather Channel, Tribune and Fox Sports.
About You: You are a hyper-intelligent Data Scientist with a robust background in a big data environment.
In this Job: You will build complex Data Science solutions for large-scale product initiatives, scaling up to a Petabyte of data.
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Scientist, preferably in Big Data Environment
- 2+ years of programming experience in Java/Scala and/or Python
- Hadoop stack (HIVE, Pig, Hadoop streaming) and MapReduce
- HBase or comparable NoSQL
- SQL & database experience
- Experience with Google products: Google Cloud Storage, Google Analytics and Google Big Query (a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative or related field
- Design and build predictive customer behavior models for targeting and personalization
- Implement Machine Learning and statistics-based algorithms for prediction and optimization, then deliver to production
- Build and maintain code to populate HDFS, Hadoop with log from Kafka or data loaded from SQL production systems
- Design, build and support algorithms of data transformation, conversion, computation on Hadoop, Spark and other distributed Big Data Systems
#LI - AM1
What is Taboola: Our Story With an infinite amount of things to read, watch, or listen to surrounding us every day, how do we know where to look first? Taboola’s founder and CEO, Adam Singolda, calls this the “discovery problem.” Search engines may have changed the world by enabling people to find any and all kinds of information. But how can someone discover something new they may like if they don’t already know to look for it? So, what is Taboola? Since our launch in 2007, Taboola’s team of ninja-like engineers and digital media mavens have been building the world’s largest and most advanced discovery platform -- or “search engine in reverse” -- delivering personalized recommendations to over one billion users every month, on many of the web’s most innovative and highly-visited websites. Thousands of leading publishers, marketers, and agencies utilize Taboola’s predictive technology to increase user engagement, monetize their traffic, and distribute their content to engaged audiences across the web. Together, our teams have pioneered a major new marketing channel alongside “search” and “social,” proving that “discovery” can power successful campaigns for companies of all sizes, throughout the customer journey. These days, passionate about bringing “discovery” to more markets around the world, there are over 650 of us “Taboolars” (and growing), connecting people with content they may like but never knew existed, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Tel Aviv, New Delhi, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Bangkok.
Want to learn more about Taboola? Visit Taboola's website.
Jobs You May Like
Freelance Senior Analyst
Blue State Digital, NY, DC, OAK
Analyst - AdTech/Programmatic
Foursquare, New York
Business Analyst Team Lead
Kurtosys, Cape Town, Claremont, South Africa
Insight Artificial Intelligence Fellows Program - Silicon Valley
Insight Fellows Programs, Starting June 3, 2019 - Silicon Valley
Technical Product Manager, SEM
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA