Curious about what it’s like to work at the world’s number 1 discovery platform as a Fraud Expert? We’re glad you asked!
Taboola is looking for a top notch Fraud Expert whose main goal is to keep Taboola safe. The Fraud Expert will be in charge to research, Identify and develop new methods of ad fraud detection as well as to monitor the network for any type of abnormal activity. The fraud expert will be collaborating with a wide range of teams and stakeholders, and will be exposed to various aspects of our business. The Fraud expert will define and track fraud metrics, help improve the work process, and prevent ad fraud. The successful candidate should have experience in cyber or risk, understand how a fraudsters works and hacking behaviors. should have a strong analytical background, technically skilled and have business understanding of the online industry.
What are some of the things you do on a day-to-day basis?
- Learn, maintain and improve fraud detection in Taboola, develop and meet KPIs
- Conduct and lead investigations - detect billing and Ad fraud, eliminate in a timely manner, Identify and investigate clients with suspicious behavior.
- Analyze data trends and translate them into actionable insights
- Owner of ML models to predict fraudulent activity - improve features, optimize model on and ongoing basis
- Create and optimize methods for detection by using various tools, monitor internal & external systems, check their accuracy on an ongoing basis
- Analyze and report to managers and stakeholders on suspicious activity
- Work closely with R&d, Product and analytic teams to support decision making.
Our Tech Stack:
Vertica, MySQL, BigQuery, Tableau, Grafana , Kibana and more.
What are the skills a good Fraud Expert needs to have?
- 3+ years experience working in the fraud industry in a data-rich environment
- Strong database experience and experience with advanced SQL
- Problem-solving approach - proven track record in using data to identify patterns, create clear actions to eliminate risk, understand business needs and delicate situations
- Experience of developing and maintaining ML Models
- Great presentation & communication skills, with proven ability to lead and interact effectively with multiple teams/stakeholders in a fast paced environment
- Excellent English, required to communicate daily with international teams
- Fast learning capabilities and proven ability to multitask - working on several projects at a time
- sharp thinker, detail oriented, passion to solve complex problems and think outside the box
- Motivated team player but ability to work independently on complex investigations.
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience in internet/mobile companies – an advantage
- BA/BS in finance, statistics, quantitative economics – an advantage
- Experience with BI Systems (Tableau, QlikSense or other) – an advantage
- Knowledge of internet technologies: HTML, CSS, JS – an advantage
- Coding or scripting experience (Python R) – an advantage
- If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola, they will tell you that here they are able to discover their best professional self, explore where they can grow, and learn from and together with smart and talented people.
- We work with some of the biggest names in the business. Our clients include Business Insider, NBC, Wells Fargo, Adidas, and more.
- Taboola NYC offers generous health, medical and dental coverage, 401k matching, a fully-stocked kitchen, and various gym partnerships.
Sounds good, how do I apply?
It’s easy, submit your CV by clicking the “Apply” button below
What is Taboola: Our Story With an infinite amount of things to read, watch, or listen to surrounding us every day, how do we know where to look first? Taboola’s founder and CEO, Adam Singolda, calls this the “discovery problem.” Search engines may have changed the world by enabling people to find any and all kinds of information. But how can someone discover something new they may like if they don’t already know to look for it? So, what is Taboola? Since our launch in 2007, Taboola’s team of ninja-like engineers and digital media mavens have been building the world’s largest and most advanced discovery platform -- or “search engine in reverse” -- delivering personalized recommendations to over one billion users every month, on many of the web’s most innovative and highly-visited websites. Thousands of leading publishers, marketers, and agencies utilize Taboola’s predictive technology to increase user engagement, monetize their traffic, and distribute their content to engaged audiences across the web. Together, our teams have pioneered a major new marketing channel alongside “search” and “social,” proving that “discovery” can power successful campaigns for companies of all sizes, throughout the customer journey. These days, passionate about bringing “discovery” to more markets around the world, there are over 650 of us “Taboolars” (and growing), connecting people with content they may like but never knew existed, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Tel Aviv, New Delhi, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Bangkok.
Want to learn more about Taboola? Visit Taboola's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one