Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
About the Job:
The IT Infrastructure and DevOps Lead will join the Taco Bell IT Infrastructure team whose primary focus is the delivery of cloud related services and products to our internal customers.
Being a member of the team, you are expected to be a thought-leader within the IT Infrastructure team. Your key responsibility is to map business requirements into actual solutions.
This is a chance to work within a dynamic environment and the role expects you to be efficient and engaging. You will have the opportunity to have direct influence on not just day to day operations, but future roadmaps.
- Helping internal customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
- Working as a technical leader along-side internal customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
- Mapping business requirements to actual solutions or services.
- Cost/Benefit modelling with mapping to business KPIs.
- Help to design, develop and continuously improve delivered services.
- Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility.
- Generating migration roadmaps across complex organizational structures.
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
Is This You?
- 8 + years of IT experience as a technical specialist.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations.
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred or equivalent experience.
- Customer facing skills to represent the IT Infrastructure team and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, costs, project management and risk mitigation.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience.
- Integration of AWS cloud services with technologies from Microsoft, IBM, HP, SAP etc.
- Experience with infrastructure as code and DevOps methodologies.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX etc.).
- Technical writing skills for documenting environments and procedures.
- AWS Certification:
- Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- Certified Solutions Architect – Professional (preferred)
- Certified Developer – Associate.
- Certified DevOps Engineer –Professional.
- Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
- Design of native Cloud applications, Cloud application design patterns and practices.
- Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
- Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v3 processes).
- Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, MSFT and custom Java/.NET applications.
- Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
- A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
- Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2 and ISO 27001.
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and resolution skills
- Results oriented
- Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, energetic and tenacious and working well under pressure
- Strong organisational skills and excellent time management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines is a must
- Ability to build a strong rapport with customer and internal support teams in a Managed services environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and deliver excellent customer outcomes through technical expertise
- Experience in hosting infrastructure and applications
- A desire to learn and use a broad range of skills in a highly complex environment
- A keen interest in new technologies and open source
- Ability to think outside the box
- Build and maintain relationships
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- On-site child care
- On-site gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- On-site dining center & lounge (yes, there is a Taco Bell Restaurant inside the building)
- Free snacks, soda, coffee and more
- Bagel & Donut Fridays
- Game room w/ Sports Memorabilia
- On-site dry cleaning and laundry services
- On-site carwash
- On-site salon services, including: massages, hair, nails, chiropractic and waxing treatments
- Year round half-day Fridays
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Virgin Pulse (exercise incentive program)
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- Favorable Family Leave Act support and Adoption Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave Policy