We’re looking for a QA Engineer who has a passion for testing and quality assurance. You will help plan, estimate and coordinate testing activities for our financial platform that is serving millions of users across the world. You will also work with product managers, developers, and customer service agents to ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved.Duties include troubleshooting and resolving test code, test environment and infrastructure issues, as well as working with test case management, issue tracking, source control, database, requirements management, reporting, and other tools.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Perform thorough regression/smoke/exploratory tests before code deployments for both our Android app as well as backend systems
- Execution of automated tests
- Contribute to continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Work with customer service, product, and development teams to identify and track bugs
- Review requirements specifications and provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Continuously review test case coverage in our test management tool and keep it up to date
- Post -production metrics creation and monitoring
- Experience - 4+ years experience in Software Engineering in Test role, deep knowledge of the testing process
- Detailed oriented - Keen eye for details ranging from copy to pixels. Ability to communicate those details to others and translate to specs
- Global team player - able to work closely with engineers, product managers, and cross-functional teams in different time zones
- Initiative - Highly motivated and self-disciplined. You can work independently, and with minimal supervision and be productive
- Startup ready - Excellent ability to prioritise and communication in a fast pace environment
- Mobile testing - Excellent knowledge testing Android mobile applications.
- Hands on - Ability to write and execute simple SQL queries
Preferred Skills & Requirements:
- Experience working in Agile development process (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban)
- Experience working with cloud based device farms (AWS device farm, Sauce Labs etc), CI-CD tools (Jenkins, Bamboo etc), Operating Systems (Linux, Mac OSX, Windows), Relational databases (Oracle, MySql etc), Test case management tool (qTest, TestRail etc)
- Computer Science degree or related field
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, our proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history.
Want to learn more about TALA? Visit TALA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Backend / API
Markforged, Cambridge, MA
Staff Technical Program Manager
Sr. Data Engineer
Senior Software Development and Test Engineer - QA
Exabeam, San Mateo, CA
Software Engineer, Terraform Providers
HashiCorp, Remote US/UK/Canada