We’re looking for a QA Automation Engineer who happens to have a passion in testing and quality assurance. You will help plan, estimate, coordinate, and automate testing activities for our financial platform that is serving millions of users across the world. You will also work with product managers, developers, and customer service agents to ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Perform thorough regression/smoke tests before code deployments
- Design, develop, and execute automated test harnesses around Android application and Backend APIs
- Write scripts and perform load tests against Backend servers
- Contribute to continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Work with customer service, product, and development teams to identify and track bugs
- Review requirements specifications and provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Experience - 4+ years experience in Software Engineering in Test role, deep knowledge of Automation
- Detailed oriented - keen eye for details ranging from copy to pixels. Ability to communicate those details to others and translate to specs
- Team player - enjoy working closely with engineers, product managers, and cross-functional teams
- Initiative - highly motivated and self-disciplined. You can work independently and be productive
- Startup ready - Excellent ability to prioritize and communication in a fast pace environment
Preferred Skills & Requirements:
- Experience working in Agile development process (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban)
- Experience building test automation (Java, TestNG, Robolectric, Espresso, Appium, AWS Device Farm, Jenkins, Shell Scripting, Linux, Mac OS)
- Java - 2+ years writing production Java code
- Computer Science degree
- Experience working closely with remote team members in different timezones
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 1.3 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has raised more than $105 million from leading venture and impact investors including Revolution, IVP, Ribbit Capital, Data Collective, and Lowercase Capital. Tala’s global team is headquartered in Santa Monica, with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, Mumbai, and Bangalore.
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, our proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history.
Want to learn more about TALA? Visit TALA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Medical Science Liaison Expert (m/f)
Definiens, Definiens AG Munich
Senior Front End Engineer
SignifAI, Tel Aviv, Israel
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Senior Product Designer
Intern IT Support Role
QA Engineer / Senior QA Engineer, Automation