We’re looking for a Software Engineer in DevOps to support and maintain the core components of our financial platform and scale it to serve millions of users across the world. The technical scope of the project is broad and leverages a variety of cutting-edge commercial and open source tools to get the job done.
- You will help drive all application-level aspects of the company’s SaaS operations.
- You will build, deploy, analyze, troubleshoot and scale the service wherever and whenever.
- You will collaborate closely with Engineering and Data Scientists on all architectural decisions and stay current on nascent technologies to make influential recommendations.
- You will operate very large relational and NoSQL databases, queuing systems, pub-sub servers, and other core infrastructural components.
- Tinkerer- you love to try out new tools and technologies to further improve the platform.
- Technology Toolbox- you have all of the tools for development plus a few extras.
- Leader- you have the ability to keep pace with, and set pace for, your teammates. Able to learn and teach new technologies and solutions.
- Solutions Driven- experience thinking out loud to create the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest technical methodologies/processes.Global Thinker - you have the passion to deploy a service that is truly global and love the chance to solve complex problems that arise from this.
- 2+ years experience in DevOps processes and tools (Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Chef/Puppet, PagerDuty, NewRelic, Splunk).
- Expert knowledge in AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, ElasticCache, VPC, VPN).
- Proficiency in Cloud and Application Security, and Certification (ISO-27001, SOC 1, SOC 2).
- Degree in Computer Science and/or Math.
- Proficiency in Agile development process.
Preferred skills & experience:
- Highly motivated and self-disciplined.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communicate in a fast-paced environment.
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is a mobile technology and data science company that is working to deliver financial access, choice and control to underserved people around the world. Tala’s smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others.
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, our proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history.
Want to learn more about TALA? Visit TALA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Engineering Manager, Web Core
Quantcast, San Francisco
Systems Engineer - Tools Development
Cloudflare, Austin, TX
Solution Architect (.Net)
Machine Learning Engineer
thredUP, San Francisco, CA
Senior Growth Marketing Manager, Israel
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Senior Software Engineer - Android
Discord, 444 De Haro St