Lead the development of a platform that is a force multiplier for Tala’s product development and business operations. Lead a cross-functional squad of remote and local team members to establish common global components by developing a deep understanding of the needs of our internal customers.
- Lead the development of common components whether it be the interface between data science and engineering or tools used by internal users to administer the loan servicing or CX platform
- Develop a strong understanding of when to enable consistency across the platform and when to allow customizations due to specific country needs
- Partner with and be central hub for various functions: Engineering, Credit, Data, and CX
- Collaborate with Program Management to ensure consistent agile practices and reporting
- 6+ years technical experience working on platform products; personal finance, emerging markets, or payments experience a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of shipping successful, platform products
- Familiar with the latest methods of product discovery and development
- Curiosity and knowledge of technical and product innovation and trends
- Efficient communicator that motivates and drives strong cross-functional leadership
- Checked ego, humble, empathetic, collaborative, service-oriented attitude of “user first”
- Technical degree
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 1.3 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has raised more than $105 million from leading venture and impact investors including Revolution, IVP, Ribbit Capital, Data Collective, and Lowercase Capital. Tala’s global team is headquartered in Santa Monica, with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, Mumbai, and Bangalore.
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, our proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history.
Want to learn more about TALA? Visit TALA's website.
Jobs You May Like
User Experience Designer
Software Development Engineer in Test (Test Infrastructure)
Addepar, Mountain View, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Autonomous Driving
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Engagement Manager, North Region
Senior Android Developer (m/f) Barcelona
Senior Software Engineer - Front End
Carbon, Redwood City