We are looking for an Android development pro to produce life-changing financial services applications in India. The selected candidate will be motivated by engineering great products.
In this role, you’ll be helping develop our Android application as well as contributing to the core architecture of the system. Creating a global credit-scoring platform involves solving problems that are both conceptually and technically hard, so you’ll get a mix of experience including engineering and scaling for a high-volume mobile platform.
- Build Android app based on wireframes provided by UI/UX designer
- Ensure app functionality is in line with product specifications
- Ensure APIs are connected seamlessly from back-end to consumer-facing application
- Suggest ideas for how to improve user experience and flow
- Proactively develop hypotheses for product improvements, additional solutions that can be added
- Write code in line with Tala’s global standards
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science
- Shipped multiple Android Applications that are currently available in the Google Play Store
- Intense passion for implementing beautiful user interfaces on Android
- Mastery of the Android SDK
- Exceptional ability to debug and optimize complex Android applications on real devices
- Experience with ATSL including Espresso and UI Automator
- Experience integrating Analytics tools for Android
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience in financial services
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, memory management, concurrency) with demonstrated ability to apply these skills to solve hard real world problems
- Expert in Java with strong OO design skills
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 1.3 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has raised more than $105 million from leading venture and impact investors including Revolution, IVP, Ribbit Capital, Data Collective, and Lowercase Capital. Tala’s global team is headquartered in Santa Monica, with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, Mumbai, and Bangalore.
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, our proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history.
Want to learn more about TALA? Visit TALA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Developer In Test, SDET - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Sr. Hadoop Engineer
Drawbridge, San Mateo, CA
Governance Specialist (San Francisco, CA OR Redwood City, CA)
Box, San Francisco, CA OR Redwood, CA
Junior Data Analyst (Contract)
Mozilla, Amsterdam, Europe, Remote
Lead Data Infrastructure Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Software Engineer, Site Reliability
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States