We’re looking for a Backend Engineer to design and implement core components of our financial platform and scale it to serve millions of users across the world. The technical scope of the project is broad and calls for technical expertise across a wide range of problem domains.
- You will design and implement product features as defined in the roadmap
- You will own and maintain substantial portions of the backend infrastructure
- The opportunity to code using cutting-edge platforms and interact with our data science team
- You will mentor and grow junior engineers on best practices and code efficiency
- Detailed oriented - you are a proven developer who values clean and efficient code
- Technology toolbox - you have all of the tools for development plus a few extras
- Translator - you have experience working closely with product managers, cross-functional teams, and customers to translate requirements into technical design
- Leader - you have the ability to keep pace with, and set pace for, your teammates. Able to learn and teach new technologies and solutions
- Solutions Driven - experience thinking out loud to create the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest technical methodologies/processes
- 4+ years experience working on backend software using modern languages and frameworks (Java, Scala, Python, Play, Django)
- Advanced degree in Computer Science and/or Math
- Expert proficiency in Agile development process
- Working knowledge in API development for mobile/web use
- Strong relational database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MS SQL)
Preferred skills & experience:
- Highly motivated and self disciplined
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communication in a fast pace environment
- Bonus: Experience in predictive analysis and machine learning
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 1.3 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has raised more than $105 million from leading venture and impact investors including Revolution, IVP, Ribbit Capital, Data Collective, and Lowercase Capital. Tala’s global team is headquartered in Santa Monica, with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, Mumbai, and Bangalore.
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, our proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history.
Want to learn more about TALA? Visit TALA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Dashlane, Paris, France
SWE, Product Infrastructure
Gusto, San Francisco, Denver
Senior Security Engineer - Content and Tuning
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Manager, Customer Success
Rubrik, HQ - Palo Alto
Engineering Manager - Infrastructure Engineering
Grand Rounds, San Francisco, CA