We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to design and implement core components of our financial platform and scale it to serve millions of users across India. The technical scope of the project is broad and calls for technical expertise across a wide range of problem domains.
As a senior member of the engineering team, we expect you to work with cross-functional teams (product, data science, credit) to ship scalable software solutions. You value the craftsmanship of clean and efficient code as well as solving problems using the most appropriate technology. You help set the standards and drive your teammates’ productivity.
- Design and implement product features as defined in the roadmap
- Own and maintain substantial portions of the backend infrastructure
- Build cutting-edge platform to facilitate data science iterations
- Mentor engineers on best practices and code efficiency
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- 5+ years experience working on backend software using modern languages and frameworks (Java, Scala, Python, Play, Django)
- Strong relational database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MS SQL)
- Working knowledge in API development for mobile/web use
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Expert proficiency in Agile development process
- Experience with India Stack integrations (particularly Aadhaar - eKYC / eSign and UPI)
- Experience with financial services
- Advanced degree in Computer Science and/or Math
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communication in a fast pace environment
Bonus: Experience in predictive analysis and machine learning
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, our proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history.
Want to learn more about TALA? Visit TALA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Solutions Architect - Cloud Native Developer Enablement Team
Pivotal Software, Chicago, London
Software Engineer, Marketing Automation
Seller Club - Senior Backend Engineer
Tradeshift, Copenhagen, Denmark
Data Engineer, Internal
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Software Engineer, Android OS
Poynt, Palo Alto, CA, US
Senior Software Engineer - Front End
Peerspace, San Francisco