Tala, seeks a Collections Specialist to engage in consumer collections of overdue accounts. Primary responsibility will be reaching out to customers to collect payment for accounts that are overdue. Team members will also have opportunity to provide feedback as the voice of the customer that will create impactful change to the company’s services. In addition, agents will have the opportunity to work on creative projects that affect the customer experience.
The position purpose is ensuring an excellent standard of caring service, maintaining customer relationships, and representing Tala’s brand of modern and convenient customer-centric service.
- Call customers with overdue accounts
- Understand and explain benefits of repayment and credit history to customers
- Correct customer misunderstandings on product policies and terms
- Diffuse tension from bad customer experiences with the application
- Set up payment plans and follow-up schedule
- Establish and maintain caring relationships with customers, determine reasons for non payment and engage in negotiations to bridge business and customer needs
- Educate customers on consequences for late payments
- Escalate difficult or unusual cases to Team Lead
- Escalate and document problems with customer identification information
- Provide feedback on reasons for default to Team Lead
- Champion the voice of the customer to Team Lead by providing input on product and user experience
- Engage in creative projects and tasks at the request of Team Lead (example: onboarding welcome calls, white glove service for top customers, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Fast at typing and working with modern, digital technology
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Willingness to work a flexible and variable schedule
- Patient and able to handle customer complaints or misunderstandings
- Strong work ethic, punctual, accountable, and team player
- Quick learner, creative, intellectually curious and unafraid to ask questions
- Able to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Readily accepts feedback and incorporates changes into behavior
- Desire to go above and beyond job requirements to deliver an excellent customer experience and create capacity-building change for the company
Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduate of any 4 year course
- Previous collections experience
- High level of financial literacy
- Experience with multiple types of formal and informal credit products
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 1.3 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has raised more than $105 million from leading venture and impact investors including Revolution, IVP, Ribbit Capital, Data Collective, and Lowercase Capital. Tala’s global team is headquartered in Santa Monica, with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, Mumbai, and Bangalore.
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, our proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history.
Want to learn more about TALA? Visit TALA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Accounts Receivables/Collections Lead
Box, Redwood City, CA
Enterprise Solution Consultant
HealthTap, San Francisco, CA
Executive Assistant to the CCO
Rooster Teeth, Austin, TX
Senior Revenue Accountant
Elastic, Mountain View, CA