We’re looking for a Data Platform Engineer to design and implement core components of our data platform and scale it to serve millions of users across the world. In this role you will lead these vital initiatives.
We expect you to work collaboratively with the data science and analytics teams to ship scalable software solutions. Your work takes into consideration the holistic user experience from mobile to data science driven loan decision. You value the craftsmanship of clean and efficient code as well as solving problems using the most appropriate technology. You help set the standards and drive your teammates’ productivity.
- Develop and deploy platforms, services, abstractions, and frameworks that enable Data Science to iterate and launch data models into production
- Design and implement database and storage solutions that fit the needs for both data transaction and reporting
- Mentor engineers, data scientists, and analysts on best practices and code efficiency
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- 4+ years experience working on backend software using modern languages and frameworks (Java, Scala, Python)
- Strong database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL)
- Strong familiarity AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, ELB)
- Experience with Hadoop data and underlying file systems (HDFS, HBase, Cassandra, Hive)
- Working knowledge in API development for mobile/web use
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Expert proficiency in Agile development process
- Advanced degree in Computer Science and/or Math
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communication in a fast pace environment
- Bonus: Experience in predictive analysis and machine learning
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, our proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history.
Want to learn more about TALA? Visit TALA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Back-End Developer
Game QA Engineer - Relocation, Competitive Salary
Prodigy Game, Montreal, Quebec
Back End Developer
Senior Software Engineer, Foundations
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Senior Web Engineer
Strava, San Francisco, CA
React / MobX Developer