We’re looking for rockstar leader who holds in-depth experience and understanding of the entire employee lifecycle and scaling workforces across the globe! We are looking for someone who leads by serving, is exceptionally imaginative, adaptable, collaborative, and truly excited about Tala’s mission.
This role is responsible for overseeing all of the global people functions in accordance with Tala’s culture, values and operating principles, respective labor laws as we march towards our company goals. In addition to being responsible for guiding and coaching the incumbent team to meet and exceed department KPIs, you will also groom and build the team to support Tala’s needs as the workforce scales across different countries.
The VP of People Ops will be a member of the leadership team and will report directly to the CEO and Founder.
- Oversee Tala’s global talent acquisition, onboarding, talent operations, people analytics, organization development and effectiveness and labor compliance efforts.
- Coach, groom and lead a world-class, innovative People Ops team that effectively supports and serves the global Tala team.
- Serve as a counselor, coach and strategic advisor on all human capital matters and their impact on Tala’s strategic and cultural objectives.
- Oversee the development of staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Oversee talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities.
- Oversee development of progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of Tala’s human capital.
Qualities we are looking for:
- You’re direct with feedback, quick to admit mistakes, and collaborative with others
- Strong written and oral executive communication skills, and the ability to drive to an agreement
- You have an insatiable intellectual curiosity to identify and implement new ways to continually improve results
- “Harder, better, faster, stronger” - you are relentless and won’t stop till we’ve changed the financial system
- Results oriented, both for our bottom line and our social impact
- “Do not rest on your laurels” - don't fall back on old habits; you constantly look for new approaches and solutions.
- Put the needs of others first to help people develop and perform as highly as possible as a servant leader
- You believe in and work to uphold Tala’s highest level value, Radical Trust, both within the office walls and with our customers around the world.
- Experience leading scaling a tech startup from <100 people to 500+ people across multiple offices in a leadership People Ops role
- Operated at the leadership level for a 300+ person startup
- Extensive experience in organization development and effectiveness across various functions within technology startup
- Extensive experience managing labor compliance requirements
- Extensive experience building and scaling people analytics function
- Personally recruited, retained, and groomed People Ops team, including talent operations and overall recruiting functions
- International offices experience
- Fintech experience
Tala is a mobile technology and data science company that is working to deliver financial access, choice and control to underserved people around the world. Tala’s smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others.
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, our proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history.
Want to learn more about TALA? Visit TALA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Strategic Sourcing Analyst
Spokeo, Pasadena, California, United States
Senior Technical Recruiter (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
Okta, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Head of School
Guidepost Montessori, Site Coming Soon! (Greater Frisco area)
Office Experience Manager
Meetup, New York