We’re looking for a rockstar leader who holds in-depth experience and understanding of the entire employee lifecycle and scaling workforces across the globe! We are looking for someone who leads by serving, is exceptionally imaginative, adaptable, collaborative, and truly excited about Tala’s mission.
This role is responsible for overseeing all of the global people functions in accordance with Tala’s culture, values and operating principles, respective labor laws as we march towards our company goals. In addition to being responsible for guiding and coaching the incumbent team to meet and exceed department KPIs, you will also groom and build the team to support Tala’s needs as the workforce scales across different countries.
The VP of People Ops will be a member of the leadership team and will report directly to the CEO and Founder.
- Oversee Tala’s global talent acquisition, onboarding, talent operations, people analytics, organization development and effectiveness and labor compliance efforts.
- Coach, groom and lead a world-class, innovative People Ops team that effectively supports and serves the global Tala team.
- Serve as a counselor, coach and strategic advisor on all human capital matters and their impact on Tala’s strategic and cultural objectives.
- Oversee development of human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps.
- Oversee the development of staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Oversee the development and implementation of effective onboarding practices that ensure quick positive impact and satisfaction of all employees
- Oversee the development and implementation of best-in-class performance management practices that encourage growth, continual improvement and quick decisions/assessments on performance
- Oversee talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities.
- Oversee development of progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of Tala’s human capital.
- Oversee development and implementation of human resources policies and general pople procedures of the organization that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Tala as an organization.
What we're looking for:
- You’re direct with feedback, quick to admit mistakes, and collaborative with others
- Strong written and oral executive communication skills, and the ability to drive to an agreement
- You have an insatiable intellectual curiosity to identify and implement new ways to continually improve results
- “Harder, better, faster, stronger” - you are relentless and won’t stop till we’ve changed the financial system
- Results oriented, both for our bottom line and our social impact
- “Do not rest on your laurels” - don't fall back on old habits; you constantly look for new approaches and solutions.
- Put the needs of others first to help people develop and perform as highly as possible as a servant leader
- You believe in and work to uphold Tala’s highest level value, Radical Trust, both within the office walls and with our customers around the world.
- 10 - 15 years years of experience leading scaling a tech startup from <100 people to 500+ people across multiple offices in a leadership People Ops role
- Operated at the leadership level for a 300+ person startup
- Extensive experience in organization development and effectiveness across various functions within technology startup
- Extensive experience managing labor compliance requirements
- Extensive experience building and scaling people analytics function
- Personally recruited, retained, and groomed People Ops team, including talent operations and overall recruiting functions
- International offices experience
- Fintech experience
The goal is to build up an effective People Ops organization that scales - we’re looking for a radical and empathic leader who will guide us to achieve this goal.
Tala is a mobile technology and data science company that is working to deliver financial access, choice and control to underserved people around the world. Tala’s smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others.
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, our proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history.
Want to learn more about TALA? Visit TALA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Talent Sourcer (Technical) - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
People & Culture Program Associate
Vox Media, New York, NY
Index Exchange, Toronto (Midtown)
Udemy, U.S.A., San Francisco
Software Development Learning Facilitator
Andela, Nairobi, Kenya
Talent Business Operations MBA Internship (LA) - Summer 2018
Fullscreen, Playa Vista, CA