Tala was named one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. We are a financial technology company on a mission to make financial services simple, inclusive, and accessible for the doers and dreamers globally. More than 5 million people in emerging markets have borrowed through our smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, education, and other personalized financial services. Headquartered in Santa Monica, we support the needs of our customers in Kenya, Mexico, Philippines, and India.
The DevOps Engineer (DE) is responsible for the health of our infrastructure. As an expert, DE delivers solutions that provide automated configuration and scaling of our architecture. As a CI/CD advocate DE proposes and implements tools that automate and streamline our development and deployment processes, increase effectiveness of Tala’s team members, and reduce risks of human errors.
This is an individual contributor role within Tala’s engineering track. You will report to the Engineering Manager and collaborate cross-functionally with all Tala teams across the globe.
What you’ll do:
- Complete infrastructure migration process to IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
- Build and deploy monitoring and alerting systems across our entire infrastructure
- Complete migration to CI/CD deployment model
- Support and collaborate with cross functional teams (Product, Data, Credit, and Business Development) to ship scalable software solutions
- Support integration projects with 3rd party services (Payment Rails, SMS/Email, KYC, Analytics, etc.)
- Build, maintain, and own InfoSec compliance efforts by implementing and enforcing appropriate processes and standards across the organization
- Maintain, review, propose and implement improvements to existing infrastructure, tools and processes
What you’ll need:
- 4+ years experience in DevOps processes and tools (Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Chef/Puppet, PagerDuty, APM technologies, Sumologic)
- Expert knowledge in AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, ElasticCache, VPC, VPN, EMR, CloudDeploy, Kinesis, Redshift)
- 2+ years experience with Kubernetes Production deployments or similar technologies
- Proficiency in Cloud and Application Security, and Certification (ISO-27001, SOC 1, SOC 2)
- Preferred BS Degree in Computer Science and/or Math or equivalent skills
- Proficiency in Agile development process
- Excellent ability to communicate and collaborate with a globally distributed team
- Bonus: Certifications in Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP), experience with Service Mesh
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexi-time to promote a healthy mind body and soul
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, and insurance
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, our proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history.
Want to learn more about TALA? Visit TALA's website.
We are changing the face of music rights management. Want to join us?