Small Teams; Big Data
At Tapad, we look for individuals who seek complex and difficult work as a challenge. We want to work with people who share interesting solutions to those challenges; solutions informed by their unique experiences, passions, and expertise.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to bring their individual approach to our new global engineering center in Oslo. We need a person who can work hands-on as a programmer to solve complex problems and to build advanced software systems. We face daily unique and engaging challenges while processing over 30 Petabytes in any 60-day time frame—that’s over one trillion data points. The size and scale of our challenges demand our use of cutting edge open-source technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, and we’re proud to have been built on Scala from day one. Tapad operates on a culture of collaboration, so our Engineers work regularly with the Business and Engineering teams to guarantee we are delivering the best products. We believe our Software Engineers have an obligation to dissent and discuss. A successful Tapad engineer understands that their ideas hold weight, and they contribute freely and regularly. We want someone who is motivated to find large scale solutions with us. Tapad employees work with big data in a small team, where every contribution matters.
When you work with us, you matter. We ask our employees to make an impact, and feel it is only right to give a lot in return. We offer every employee a generous Pension Plan along with Comprehensive Occupational, Health and Travel Insurance plan, and a mobile phone stipend. We offer generous Paid Time Off and believe if you’re sick, feel like you’re getting sick, or just need a personal day, you should take that time to get better. We enjoy each other's company and love to develop a sense of community so we host meetups, share knowledge and have regular team outings. We hire slow and smart, making sure our office is full of individuals who can teach and learn from one another.
Technologies We Use:
- Scala, SBT, Play!, Akka
- Kafka, Redis, Cassandra, Zookeeper
- Hadoop, Scalding, Spark
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, BigTable, BigQuery
- Work hands-on as a programmer to solve complex problems building advanced software systems processing several petabytes of data
- Adapt quickly to utilize software engineering best practices
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver quality software collaboratively
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or other relevant degrees
- 3+ years of experience making significant contributions in the form of code
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures in knowing when to apply them
- Deep familiarity with one or more programming languages (Ex: Scala, Java, Python, C++ etc.)
- Experience working with high scale systems
- Ability to work with SQL/NoSQL DBMS
- Knowledge of RESTful Web services
- Interested in data engineering to develop ingestion engines, ETL pipelines, and organizing the data to expose it in a consumable format.
- Passionate about agile/lean/simple
- Experience programming for JVM is a plus
Tapad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What We Do Tapad Inc. is a marketing technology company renowned for its breakthrough, cross-device solutions. The company’s signature Tapad Device Graph™ connects millions of consumers across billions of devices. In 2015, we began licensing the Device Graph, swiftly becoming the established gold-standard throughout the ad tech ecosystem. The world's largest brands and most effective marketers trust us to provide an accurate, privacy-conscious and unified approach to connecting with consumers across screens. Tapad is based in New York and has offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Frankfurt, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Oslo, San Francisco, Singapore and Toronto. Tapad was acquired in 2016 by the Telenor Group, one of the world's largest mobile operators.
Want to learn more about Tapad? Visit Tapad's website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff Software Engineer, Cloud Platform
Box, Redwood City, CA
Director of Engineering, Enterprise
Box, Redwood City, CA
Senior Backend Engineer, API Team
Updater, New York, NY
IT Technical Support Specialist Contract
Pivotal Software, Boston
Staff Software Engineer, Distributed Systems, Identity & Security
Box, Redwood City, CA
Getaround, San Francisco