About the Role:
Tapad's Infrastructure team is looking to add a talented engineer to own our cloud infrastructure and SDLC tools, all while having fun, of course. Bring your eagerness, your passion for automation, and your desire to collaborate with brilliant minds in delivering the best products to Tapad!
Tapad cracked the code on cross-device marketing technology. Our groundbreaking, proprietary tech assimilates trillions of data points to find the relationship between smartphones, desktops, laptops, tablets, connected TVs and game consoles.
When you work with us, you matter. We ask our employees to make an impact and feel it is only right to give a lot in return. We offer every employee a 401k with matching, generous parental leave, and generous PTO. We believe if you’re sick, feel like you’re getting sick, or just need a personal day, you should take that time to get better. We have free lunch every Wednesday, free bagels every Friday, and a free and open hierarchy every day. We make sure our office is full of individuals who can teach and learn from one another.
Technologies we use at Tapad:
- Scala, SBT, Play!, Akka
- Scalding, Spark, Python
- Kubernetes, BigTable, BigQuery
- TypeScript, Angular, ngrx, Node.js, Hapi.js, Postgres, MySql
A day in the life as a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer:
- Day-to-day tasks include automation, scripting and tooling, application monitoring, and support of our development and production environments
- Performance analysis and tuning
- Solution design, implementation and capacity management
- Work closely with software development teams to increase operational visibility and keep infrastructure aligned with development goals
- 2+ years in a cloud-based infrastructure role with development and automation experience
- Shell, Python scripting abilities, familiarity with Golang. Knowledge of JVM languages such as Scala, Java, Kotlin
- CI/CD pipelines and SDLC tools such as GIT, Docker, Jenkins.
- Cloud architecture (storage, compute, messaging, etc.)
Passionate about best practices and reliable, sustainable, scalable environments
In this role, you would be using:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Terraform, Helm, Kubernetes
- Airflow, Kafka, Zookeeper
- Jenkins, Docker
- Prometheus, Grafana
- Big Query, BigTable
- Scala, Golang, Spark
We’d love to know more about you if:
- You are technically curious; you’re open to learning new technologies and frameworks
- You’re willing to continue learning as the industry changes
- You’re passionate enough about technology that you can be an ambassador
- You’re an eager collaborator who wants to lead from within and be part of a team
- Generous PTO - no accruing necessary
- 401k matching
- On-site medical clinic (we bring the doctor in-house once per quarter, so you can make appointments at your convenience)
- Scala School (we’ll teach you!), Coursera, LinkedIn learning, peer-lead professional development, and an abundance of resources to help you stay sharp
- Unlimited snacks and beverages
- Collaboration catered lunches
- Discounts on gym memberships 😉
- Foosball, ping pong, diversity and inclusion group, book club, Tough Mudder, push-up challenges, and tons of other extra-curricular activities that will make you feel like part of the Tapad family
- Check out our #TapadLife page on LinkedIn or Glassdoor to see what our employees have to say
Find more on our engineering blog HERE
Tapad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Tapad does not accept resumes from unsolicited search firms nor recruiters. In no event shall fees be paid to any unsolicited search firms nor recruiters, regardless of whether the candidate is made an offer or accepts a placement at Tapad. All resumes received through any channels will be considered the sole property of Tapad.
What We Do Tapad Inc. is a marketing technology company renowned for its breakthrough, cross-device solutions. The company’s signature Tapad Device Graph™ connects millions of consumers across billions of devices. In 2015, we began licensing the Device Graph, swiftly becoming the established gold-standard throughout the ad tech ecosystem. The world's largest brands and most effective marketers trust us to provide an accurate, privacy-conscious and unified approach to connecting with consumers across screens. Tapad is based in New York and has offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Frankfurt, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Oslo, San Francisco, Singapore and Toronto. Tapad was acquired in 2016 by the Telenor Group, one of the world's largest mobile operators.