Born at Y Combinator in Silicon Valley and now based in Toronto, Taplytics is an intelligent customer experience company that A/B tests mobile & web applications and push notifications. Our software processes a huge amount of user data: over a trillion monthly events occurring on over a billion devices around the world. Growing our product from here is a complex & compelling challenge.
This exciting technical space is directly applicable to larger enterprise customers who have invested heavily by implementing Taplytics into their own applications. These large-sized deals have given our sales and support teams the chance to make a big impact on their businesses and to grow our company quickly.
Taplytics is growing fast in Toronto and we are searching for the technical talent that can take on big architecture challenges and sales talent that can navigate large enterprise deals.
Taplytics has a bright future. Come grow your career with us.
About the Role: Senior Front End Engineer (React.js)
Taplytics is growing and is looking to increase the team’s experience base by adding a Senior Front End Engineer that can take completed designs and turn them into reality. You’ll get the chance to make key judgement calls that will impact the future of our company and our clients’ applications.
We operate using a micro-service architecture with many services built using Node.js, GO, and Python. Our micro-services are powered by various backend systems, including: MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, PostgreSQL, and ElasticSearch. We run at petabyte scale delivering experiences to billions of devices, requiring unique scaling solutions. Our systems are hosted across AWS / GCP using Docker Containers, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
Our modern web front-end is built using the latest React.js tools, including Redux and Webpack with server-side rendering. We are continuously building on a very advanced web dashboard with interactive interfaces to modify the layout of mobile applications in visual A/B Test Experiments, develop rich messaging campaigns across many platforms, and new interfaces for seamlessly connecting together all functionality in our platform. We are consistently iterating and improving our systems and workflows to improve how we develop code with a focus on producing the best product possible.
What we’d like you to do:
- Take fully completed designs from sketch to reality with great attention to detail.
- Write elegant yet strong code that will be at the core of offering.
- Focus on quality with continuous integration and deployment.
- Create unit testing and integration testing strategies.
- Participate in an iterative approach to product development.
- Drive the architecture, product backlog and timelines.
- Be a core member of a close-knit engineering team that ships code continuously.
What an incredible candidate looks like:
- Strong understanding of React.js, Redux, and Webpack with at least 5 years experience developing software.
- A deeply rooted love for testing. Someone who knows the benefits of unit tests vs integration tests.
- You’re great to get along with and can communicate complex technical issues.
- Experience with server side development and deployment. High volume, high availability experience.
- Collaborate with our Product, Engineering, and Customer Success teams to design, implement, build and maintain our modern front-end website.
What you’ll get from us:
Taplytics offers the chance to grow your career as we grow our company. Our culture of trying new processes, new tech and new ideas means you’ll add valuable experience to your resume quickly. While you’re working to grow the company, we’ll have your back with a competitive salary, unlimited vacation, health benefits starting day one and first rate Apple gear.
What is Taplytics? Taplytics is a fully integrated mobile A/B testing, push notification, and analytics platform providing the tools you need to optimize your mobile app