We’re currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help us tackle unique technical challenges! Our clients' user bases require petabyte-scale backends and well-built SDKs. Our platform processes millions of transactions per minute, delivering experiences to 100s of millions of devices globally. Chances are, you probably already have our technology in your phone right now. You will be part of an amazing team that uses the latest technologies to tackle unique challenges that face a rich customer experience and feature management platform.
Born at Y Combinator alongside Airbnb, Dropbox, and DoorDash, Taplytics helps power the experiences within today's leading brands like RBC Royal Bank, Lookout, Grubhub, and Crate&Barrel to drive more revenue through their apps and websites.
A brainchild of Taplytics, DevCycle was created as a result of overwhelming feedback from our clients. DevCycle helps modern dev teams release code faster and safer. It's a new vision of feature management that goes beyond risk reduction and enables dev teams to maximize feature impact. It’s built for dev teams who are tired of the stress, complexity, and risk of releasing new code.
Come join the team responsible for the platform chosen by high-growth start-ups to Fortune 500 companies around the world. We're designing the future of software development. Learn more about DevCycle here
. Come hang out with us here
Got some time? Check our Taplytics podcast here
About the Role: Senior Software Engineer
Taplytics is growing and is looking to increase the team’s experience base by adding a Senior Software Engineer with a backend focus. This is a chance to both be a leader on our small team as well as tackle the huge challenge of managing our scale. We operate using a microservice architecture with many services built using Node.js and Python. Our microservices are powered by various backend systems, including: MongoDB, Snowflake, Redis, Kafka, PostgreSQL, and ElasticSearch.
What we’d like you to do:
- Collaborate with our team to design, build, and maintain our distributed high availability microservices
- Write elegant yet strong code that will be at the core of our offering
- Focus on quality with continuous integration and deployment
- Embrace the challenges of dealing with building and maintaining servers and applications that power our client's applications
- Be a core member of a close-knit engineering team that ships code continuously
- Optimize operations procedures and help get our deployments 100% automated
- Keep our services running by participating in a rotational on-call schedule
What an incredible candidate looks like:
- 8+ years software development experience, backend heavy
- High volume, high availability experience
- Experience deploying and maintaining continuous integration and deployment
- A deeply rooted love for testing and a handle on testing strategies
- Significant experience with server side development and deployment
What you’ll get from us:
We’re our growing team works with some of the world’s best-known brands on very complex and unique technical challenges. Our culture of building, learning and experimentation through collaboration allows us to work on new ideas and try out innovative tech and processes. This means you’ll add valuable experience to your resume quickly. While you’re working to grow the company, we’ll have your back with a competitive salary, mentorship, Employee Stock Options, generous vacation and time off policy, education reimbursement, and robust health benefits starting day one.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We strive to build a diverse team that embodies our values of mutual collaboration and respect. We recognize how the input of different experiences can positively impact the product and service we deliver to our customers.