At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman), a house cleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world in which everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building positive, lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and dynamic. We’re seeking talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-passionate people who are also excited about helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the job
TaskRabbit's diverse engineering team uses React.js and React Native on the frontend, and Ruby on the backend. We're looking for people that enjoy working in the React JS ecosystem and also have experience with Ruby on Rails. This is a true Fullstack role, plus you’ll get a chance to collaborate with many different teams, and especially Design, Marketing, product, and Data Science.
What will you do?
- Lead a team of engineers that supports growth initiatives at TaskRabbit
- Collaborate with marketing, design, product management and analytics to plan and implement new growth initiatives
- Implement experiments to improve customer on-boarding and conversion
- Architect and build solutions to bring more traffic to TaskRabbit sites and mobile applications
- Build out the backend APIs for features to drive TaskRabbit’s growth
- Evaluate and implement analytics tools to track user growth and activity
- Provide feedback on features being developed across the company and suggest solutions
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback and commenting on others’ approaches
Who are you?
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Below you can get a sense of how we're thinking about what you'll need to be successful in the role.
- You have 5-10 years of experience with few years of team lead experience
- Worked with marketing and SEO, SEM related technologies
- Understand different marketing channels such ads, Facebook
- You’ve worked with Ruby on Rails
- You have built API-driven applications or endpoints
- You're familiar with the Unix command line
- You're passionate about continuous integration and frequent, daily releases
- You're excited to quickly ship features in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
You’ll love working here because:
The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, and weekly meditations.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer -TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada, and is rapidly expanding its global reach.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in global communities. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
The TaskRabbit headquarters are located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Note: This is a remote eligible role in the United States
About us TaskRabbit is revolutionizing how work gets done - for our Taskers, our Clients and importantly, our employees. We were founded back in 2008 and are one of the pioneers of the Sharing Economy. Since then, we've been building a peer-to-peer marketplace that safely and reliably connects neighbors to get things done.