Each day brings more chores and less time to accomplish them. Whether someone needs a handyman, house cleaner, mover or delivery person, TaskRabbit delights clients by matching the right skilled person in minutes. With our support, our customers can accomplish it all not only today, but also on-demand to be their most productive self. On the other side of the marketplace we help our Taskers earn a living by setting their own prices, defining their working hours, and giving them control to help people when and how they want in the most supportive marketplace.
We're a mission-driven company. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic and fast-paced. We're looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and having a ton of fun while they're at it.
Join us to revolutionize everyday work.
About the Job
You'll be a member of our engineering team, helping us build out the web applications that drive our business. We have applications for clients to hire taskers, for taskers to register with the platform, and for our internal users to administer the service. We use React.js on the frontend, and Rails on the backend. We're ideally looking for a full stack engineer but would be thrilled to hire a competent front-end engineer who has aspirations to learn Rails someday.
As a mid-level engineer we expect you to be able to code solutions of moderate complexity on your own. In addition when the more complex projects arise we expect you to collaborate with more senior engineers to learn how to approach more complex problems. TaskRabbit believes strongly in a growth mindset; we're here to learn and we're looking for other folks who have an appetite to grow their skills on the job.
- Build out the web application front end and occasional backend APIs to support clients, taskers, and internal users
- For example help us remove friction from the tasker registration process or make the client hiring flow more intuitive through a clearer set of steps
- Maintain and expand unit tests and code coverage
- Implement product features and refactor existing code throughout the stack
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback and commenting on other's approaches
- Collaborate with design and product management to conceptualize a new product features
Background and Experience
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Below gives you a sense of how we're thinking about what you'll need to be successful in the role.
- 2-3 years of experience, comfortable working independently
- Comfortable with React.js, familiarity with Rails a plus
- Experience building single page applications and calling APIs from JS
- Knowledge of CSS/Sass, MySQL, Redis, and/or ElasticSearch all a plus
- Familiarity with Linux command line, automated build systems would be nice
- Excited to work with continuous integration and frequent, daily releases
- Like to think about how to break problems down into smaller iterable steps
- Agile. Intelligent. Creative. Problem-solver. Startup lover. You like making things happen.
- We care about experience, not degrees. We're looking for people that have a passion for programming.
- You have contributed to an open source software project. Show us your github account, we'd love to see what you're enjoy working on.
- You're familiar with our product and have some ideas on things you'd want to add or change!
Benefits & Perks
In addition to working with a stellar team of entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors, TaskRabbit employees get tons of perks:
- Challenge: The opportunity for growth in a fast-paced, progressive company is yours for the taking. Game on!
- Monthly task stipend: Use the product you’re working on and outsource errands you don’t want to do
- Medical benefits: Amazing health coverage with dental and vision benefits, a flexible spending account, 401k plans (matching!), IKEA discounts, and ample PTO
- Education: A series of Lunch and Learn events (we call it “Learnch”) along with mentoring opportunities and an annual learning and development stipend for your personal use
- Office: A huge, dog-friendly SOMA loft built to accommodate collaboration, with two fully- stocked kitchens and a game room. Free lunch every day!
- Fun: Awesome off-site adventures, weekly meditation, yoga, annual charity events? Yes!
About us TaskRabbit is revolutionizing how work gets done - for our Taskers, our Clients and importantly, our employees. We were founded back in 2008 and are one of the pioneers of the Sharing Economy. Since then, we've been building a peer-to-peer marketplace that safely and reliably connects neighbors to get things done.
Want to learn more about TaskRabbit? Visit TaskRabbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Build Engineer - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL or Sunnyvale, CA
Test Developer - Student Position
Information Security Analyst
Pager, New York City
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Addepar, New York, NY
Senior UI Engineer - Cloud Studio Platform
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Cloudreach, Dallas, Chicago, Remote US