Each day brings more chores and less time to accomplish them. Whether someone needs a handyman, house cleaner, mover or delivery person, TaskRabbit delights clients by matching the right skilled person in minutes. With our support, our customers can accomplish it all not only today, but also on-demand to be their most productive self. On the other side of the marketplace we help our Taskers earn a living by setting their own prices, defining their working hours, and giving them control to help people when and how they want in the most supportive marketplace.
We're a mission-driven company. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic and fast-paced. We're looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and having a ton of fun while they're at it.
Join us to revolutionize everyday work.
About the Job
- Build mobile apps focused on clients and taskers
- On any given day you might help us remove friction from the hiring process or think through a schema for a new product feature
- Collaborate with design and product management to conceptualize a new product feature from the ground up
- Work alongside the junior engineers to help them think through designs, code implementation, and know how to break down their goals into actionable steps
- Comfortable working on small amount of mobile native code on iOS and Android that interfaces with the React Native application.
- Maintain and expand unit tests and code coverage
- 2+ years experience as a software engineer
- Familiar with automated testing and JS build and packaging systems like Webpack and Jest.
- Prefer to work with continuous integration and frequent, daily releases
- Know how to break problems down into actionable steps
- Knowledge of Ruby, MySQL, Redis, Rails, React, and ElasticSearch all a plus but not required
- Agile. Intelligent. Creative. Problem-solver. Startup lover. You like making things happen.
- We care about experience, not degrees. We're looking for people that can demonstrate their mastery of programming.
Benefits & Perks
- Challenge: The opportunity for growth in a fast-paced, progressive company is yours for the taking. Game on!
- Monthly task stipend: Use the product you’re working on and outsource errands you don’t want to do
- Medical benefits & PTO: Great health coverage with dental and vision benefits (TR pays 100% premiums and pays for One Medical membership), 12 weeks, 100% paid parental leave, pre-tax commuter benefits and FSA, 401k plan + matching, 20 PTO days/year + 13 paid holidays
- Education: A series of Lunch and Learn events (we call it “Learnch”), quarterly company-wide trainings and an annual learning and development stipend for your personal use
- Office: A huge, dog-friendly SOMA loft built to accommodate collaboration, with two fully- stocked kitchens and a game room. Free lunch every day!
- Fun: Awesome off-site adventures, weekly meditation, yoga, annual charity events? Yes!
About us TaskRabbit is revolutionizing how work gets done - for our Taskers, our Clients and importantly, our employees. We were founded back in 2008 and are one of the pioneers of the Sharing Economy. Since then, we've been building a peer-to-peer marketplace that safely and reliably connects neighbors to get things done.
Want to learn more about TaskRabbit? Visit TaskRabbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
ADstruc, New York City
Casper, San Francisco
Scribd, San Francisco headquarters
Quality Assurance Engineer
Paytm Labs, Noida, Bangalore
Associate Business Intelligence Analyst
Datto, Norwalk, CT, Boston, MA
Senior Software Engineer - Java - Core SaaS Infrastructure
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA